diy solar

diy solar

growatt spf 3000 48v ES does not stop charging lithium batteries?

polygon

Hello!

i have 2 setup using spf 3000 48 es one with pylontech batteries and a new one with Epcom RLB10048PRO battery (brand sold in Mexico)

i can see the battery charging Soc go 99% and still keep charging.

my other batteries pylontech soc will go 99%-100% and then stop to charge and over power from solar will be send my home.

Why the 2 batteries dont have the same behavior? did i missed something in the settings?

Thank you

You sure the RS485 communication between your Epcom and Growatt inverter is working?
Second possibilty is faulty cell or error in BMS reporting. We have no idea on what make your Epcom pack to trigger the 100%. One cell voltage reaches the target voltage? Coulomb counting reaches the specified AH limit? Lowest cell voltage must reach the target voltage?

Hello Ashley,

i do beleive the communication work, I just installed the battery and connect to the bms after the setting that came with the epcom battery i did try other protocol but the inverter went in fault so i guess the communication is working.

i could see soc 56% this afternoon then I installed some panels to test and it charged to 99% but could still see some watt being pull to the batterie at 99% never went to 100%. (my pylontech batteries goes sometime to 100% or 99% then the charge will stop and energy will be send in the house)

the new battery is connected to the inverter but there is no appliance connected to the inverter yet.

for you other questions i dont know the answer.

Hello Ashley,

i do beleive the communication work, I just installed the battery and connect to the bms after the setting that came with the epcom battery i did try other protocol but the inverter went in fault so i guess the communication is working.

i could see soc 56% this afternoon then I installed some panels to test and it charged to 99% but could still see some watt being pull to the batterie at 99% never went to 100%. (my pylontech batteries goes sometime to 100% or 99% then the charge will stop and energy will be send in the house)

the new battery is connected to the inverter but there is no appliance connected to the inverter yet.

for you other questions i dont know the answer.
Check if it is possible to update the firmware for the Epcom battery.
Something is not right here. Can you check Setting 19 CV voltage value?

Cause I read at Powerforum back in the day that some manufacturers used 16S values settings for their 15S cells configuration which results in the battery being overcharged and never reach the trigger voltage to set the BMS back to 100%

Second, there are manufacturer that set the SOC at 99% in order to force the inverter to keep charging the battery at lower amperage in order to give some time for running active balancer/passive balancer functionality. Once all cells are balanced, the bms will trigger 100%.

But we never know if those are the operation for your particular battery pack.....

i couldnt find any information about firmware, i am pretty sure epcom it just the reseller brand it is made by an other brand and no idea who.
voltage value is 54v my pylontech is is 53.2

here the tech sheet: https://ftp3.syscom.mx/usuarios/ftp/2023/07/12/1d81c/RLB10048PRO.pdf

Cells - 3.2V104Ah,
1P15S for 48V, 1P16S for 51.2V
:rolleyes:

on they technical drawing i can see 16 cells

here the configuration manual from epcom for my spf3000: https://ftp3.syscom.mx/usuarios/ftp/2023/07/31/cf0da/Configuración SPF3000 con RLB10048PRO.pdf

I saw before that
Lithium battery protocol type (1-99)
is set to 0 but on my other invertor it is set to 1

I changed it to 1 but wont see the result until tommorow.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-02-15 at 21-26-11 Dashboard.png
    Screenshot 2024-02-15 at 21-26-11 Dashboard.png
    31.5 KB · Views: 1
  • Screenshot 2024-02-15 at 21-25-52 Dashboard.png
    Screenshot 2024-02-15 at 21-25-52 Dashboard.png
    27.7 KB · Views: 1
  • Screenshot 2024-02-15 at 21-25-32 Dashboard.png
    Screenshot 2024-02-15 at 21-25-32 Dashboard.png
    25.8 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
i couldnt find any information about firmware, i am pretty sure epcom it just the reseller brand it is made by an other brand and no idea who.
voltage value is 54v my pylontech is is 53.2

here the tech sheet: https://ftp3.syscom.mx/usuarios/ftp/2023/07/12/1d81c/RLB10048PRO.pdf

Cells - 3.2V104Ah,
1P15S for 48V, 1P16S for 51.2V
:rolleyes:

on they technical drawing i can see 16 cells

here the configuration manual from epcom for my spf3000: https://ftp3.syscom.mx/usuarios/ftp/2023/07/31/cf0da/Configuración SPF3000 con RLB10048PRO.pdf

I saw before that
Lithium battery protocol type (1-99)
is set to 0 but on my other invertor it is set to 1

I changed it to 1 but wont see the result until tommorow.
Ignore the technical drawing. From the max charging voltage of 54V, it is clear that there is only 15 cells. (54v / 15 cells = 3.6v per cell which is almost max limit for Lifepo4 cell 3.65V)

Dude, don't use the web interface. Configure the inverter directly using the button.
Setting 05 to LI, then it will pop out 036, set this one to L01 for RS485 communication.
Once you re-establish the BMS-Inverter communication, check the Setting 19 and 20 values. Just to verify the BMS send the correct CV/CC voltage to the inverter.......

I repeat, do not use the web interface.

hello this is the setting i used from the beginning.
19 and 20 value are 54v

just weird to me that a range show 1-99 and is set to 0 and the other inverter with the pylontech batteries have seting 5 li 36 l04
but Lithium battery protocol type show 1 i thing that there are 2 different settings

hello this is the setting i used from the beginning.
19 and 20 value are 54v

just weird to me that a range show 1-99 and is set to 0 and the other inverter with the pylontech batteries have seting 5 li 36 l04
but Lithium battery protocol type show 1 i thing that there are 2 different settings
If the BMS communication is working, you shouldn't be able to edit setting 19 and 20 directly from the inverter as the BMS takes control over.

54V/15 = 3.6V per cell, should be fine.

Just don't use the web interface to control the inverter...........

You could try L04 and check if the communication is successful.
The L04 protocol should be compatible.

Attachments

• The-list-of-compatibility-between-battery-and-Growatt-Off-grid-Inverter-2022.pdf
    64.5 KB · Views: 1
yes i cant edit the 19 or 20, i tried 36 l04 but the communication stop and i get an growatt 20 error so i went back to l01.

I am trying to get a contact to the manufacturer and i will see, i will let the inverter work at 99% maybe as you say there is some balancing going on i will see in a few hours

yes i cant edit the 19 or 20, i tried 36 l04 but the communication stop and i get an growatt 20 error so i went back to l01.

I am trying to get a contact to the manufacturer and i will see, i will let the inverter work at 99% maybe as you say there is some balancing going on i will see in a few hours
At least we verified the BMS communication with the inverter is working .
Let hope it is just a simple cell balancing mechanism in action.

Oh, while you contact the manufacturer/dealer, ask them what makes the BMS to trigger SOC 100% too.

1708100959565.png

problem solved i am just an impatient person.... look like 51-51.3 is 100%

Thank you for the time you took helping me i appreciate it a lot wish you an excellent week end!!

Back