diy solar

diy solar

Growatt SPF 500 ES settings

FSHTNK

Thanks for opening the door.
I've recently fitted an Growatt SPF 5000 ES. I have 6 LiOn batteries in Series/Paralleled and 6000w of panels.
Have a question on one of the settings.
in the manual (yes I read it!) Setting #50 AC OUTPUT TIME.
This allows the inverter to power the load between certain hours. I can watch it shut the load off at the correct time, but it then shuts down the actual inverter a few seconds later, which obviously disables it's ability to turn on again.
Is there another setting I've missed? (turns off if there is no draw?)
Thanks in advance for your help.
Based in New Zealand if it matters

anyone?
I have found this also;
If i turn the inverter back on - It may shut itself off (if it discovers there's no discharge?)
Having said that - I turned the Growatt back on this morning 30 minutes before it's scheduled time, and it appeared to stay on for me.

Is there another setting that turns it off if there's no discharge? surely not?

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll take a look shortly.
I'm not sure if you are just turning this on for the first time, but if you have the power switch off, the inverter will still power up when you have panels or batteries connected and going through the menus. Once your done or charging is done the inverter will go to sleep.

If you flip the power switch on it believe it will stay on and wait to invert.

A first time user might think the inverter is on because it comes to life when you hook power to it, but it's in off/standby mode and will shut off when nothing is going on.

I hope it's something this easy and you are able to get it solved!

I'm not sure if you are just turning this on for the first time, but if you have the power switch off, the inverter will still power up when you have panels or batteries connected and going through the menus. Once your done or charging is done the inverter will go to sleep.

If you flip the power switch on it believe it will stay on and wait to invert.

A first time user might think the inverter is on because it comes to life when you hook power to it, but it's in off/standby mode and will shut off when nothing is going on.

I hope it's something this easy and you are able to get it solved!
Seems that whenever i approach the inverter, the display is on, and i can her the fan. When it shuts off - you hear everything literally stop. It then won't turn on again at the specified time.

what firmware is on the device? do you have a battery connected? Is grid connected to the inverter at AC in?

Back