diy solar

Growatt SPF 5000 ES - 3 phase parallel setup power consumptions

sollarPASS

Hi all,

Growatt SPF 5000 es 3 phase parallel setup
(3 with PV 4,5 kw each and 3 just connected to the battery

I try to optimize the Powerkonsumptions
I allready have the slaves with Standby setting

For poweroptimizations does anybody has expirience with setting 50 or alternativ suggestions to optimize the powerconsumptions of the growatts themselfs

50 AC output time (Which AC output is meant there? Inverter, Grid, Pasthru, All)

if i would limit that to lets say 05-24 would that limit only the inverter AC output solar/battery or the passthru/bypass Output too?

If you need any additional information im open for suggestions

Thanks in advance wish you all a sunny day

Last edited:
just for everyone that wants to know it deactivates - passthru and PV as well as battery power to the load if you limit the timerange

three phase setup ist the worst condition to choose. First of all in the three phase setup all three inverters have to be online at the same time if one of the inverters has an error or is not communicating anymore all three will reject powering the loads properly. If you are not in need of a three phase setup you can try to go with a parallel setup. In some firmware/hardware combinations you can hotplug inverters and switch those completely off.

P50 is only the output of the inverter. If this is set to off each of the inverter will at least consume 50W up to 90W from the power sources connected. Three phase setup also disables P04 power saving mode.

So if there is not a mandatory need for a three phase setup then try to find a way to go for a parallel setup. In case you need a three phase setup I recommend to change to a different inverter...

three phase setup ist the worst condition to choose. First of all in the three phase setup all three inverters have to be online at the same time if one of the inverters has an error or is not communicating anymore all three will reject powering the loads properly. If you are not in need of a three phase setup you can try to go with a parallel setup. In some firmware/hardware combinations you can hotplug inverters and switch those completely off.

P50 is only the output of the inverter. If this is set to off each of the inverter will at least consume 50W up to 90W from the power sources connected. Three phase setup also disables P04 power saving mode.

So if there is not a mandatory need for a three phase setup then try to find a way to go for a parallel setup. In case you need a three phase setup I recommend to change to a different inverter...

Yeah seems like it - but i cant chaneg away its an existing 3 Phase system

You have some cool videos on youtube - i like them :)

I will update the inverters to the latest Firmware the next days and hope that will help at least with the SBU problem i have and the fan noise.

I plan on disconnecting 3 of the 6 inverters in the evening and only reconnect them in the morning or if higher loads are needed with an ATS and an arduino or raspberrryPI. If that doesnt help i will reconfigure them on the fly with the GROTT Server remotely.

What you can do is using my winter night function to switch the parallel inverters off in night time or when you are not in need of those. At least the HST inverters on each phase need to be online all the time...

I recommend changing your house to one fase if you are under 15kVA as the asymmetric load is no problem for your provider but for your inverter

Back