diy solar

diy solar

Growatt inverter dead ?

mbp566

Hi,

I searched a lot here and elsewhere but can't seem to find anyone in the same situation as me:

I bought a Growatt SPF 3000TL LVM-ES and a 200Ah 48V lithium battery. The battery turns on fine and shows 50% capacity remaining. It does output 49.4V.
Since I'm in the middle of the construction of the house I haven't installed solar panels yet, but I thought I could still power the inverter using what's remaining in the battery (I want to power only few lights to be able to work on the house late)

So anyway, I just connected the battery and inverter, I checked on the inverter poles that it is getting battery power at 49.4V, but the inverter does not start. No display, no light, nothing. I've found some Youtube videos with the exact same inverter (well, the 5kW version, but it's probably the same except that) and it runs on as soon as the battery is connected...any advice ?

Additional info: I asked a neighbor to provide AC power and connected it to the AC input of the inverter. In this case the inverter started which allowed me to make all the settings (especially the battery type, set to Lithium). When it was on this way it seems the battery communication works well (the capacity displayed on the LCD of the inverter is the same as on the battery).
But when I disconnect the AC input the inverter turns off after few seconds (I guess this is because of capacitors holding a charge for a while).

I'd love to hear any of your thoughts, especially from people that experience(d) the same kind of issue.

Thanks !

HI there did you get the issue resolved? Im sitting with the 5000es with the same issues, all the settings is 100% correct. the moment AC falls away the inverter shuts down. I have 9x 420w panels on the roof and 2x 5.1 shoto batteries but it keeps on going into bypass mode.

If unit does not seem to provide AC output but display powers on with no error codes displayed, check to see if you have standby mode turned on. Standby mode requires an AC load of at least 7 to 12 watts to keep AC output active. Standby mode should strobe on and off every couple of seconds if no load detected. A small LED light bulb may just flash on and off every couple of seconds because it does not provide enough load.

As to the first question asked by every help desk.......................
1651676777863.png

Last edited:
16516775821191727864085532990530.jpgThe inverter is on, what setting will the standby mode be. We double checked all of the settings with a inverter thats starting up on DC and all are the same. It just doesnt whant to switch on with DC

Your picture is showing you have 235vac input. The LVM is 120vac model. Inverter may not power up with out of range AC input voltage.

Last edited:
I don't have a 3000-LVM 120vac manual with those screen icons.

Why are you showing 371.2 vdc PV voltage when 3000-LVM only allows 145v maximum?

Last edited:
Back