diy solar

diy solar

Growatt output problem

Johnsg

I recently powered off my Growatt 6000T DVM, now I have powered it back on I am getting low Ac output voltage eg. L1, 99V, L2 99v a total of L1+L2 =198v. There is no error code. any help on fixing this problem would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you all in advance.
John

Do you have any grid input connected?
If so, check the input voltage, as the output will match what the input is.
If not, can you temporarily connect a source to verify that it syncs to its voltage?
Also double check the settings for voltage, in case they have a glitch.

Do you have any grid input connected?
If so, check the input voltage, as the output will match what the input is.
If not, can you temporarily connect a source to verify that it syncs to its voltage?
Also double check the settings for voltage, in case they have a glitch.
No grid connection

No grid connection
I connected the grid and I get the correct voltage 120 L1 , 120 L2 outputs 240 total, so the issue is from the solar/battery input that's where I am getting the low output voltage, any ideas on what is the cause and how to fix ?

I connected the grid and I get the correct voltage 120 L1 , 120 L2 outputs 240 total, so the issue is from the solar/battery input that's where I am getting the low output voltage, any ideas on what is the cause and how to fix ?
After removing the grid, it returns to the wrong voltages?

If all of the settings are correct. I think that you have a faulty unit.
The voltage regulation is definitely off.
The one I have is currently buried in storage. Or I would pull it out and try to replicate your issue. I'm not sure if a firmware update could fix it or not.
I do find it odd that it was fine when you turned it off, and now this, on the next power up. I'm assuming that it was stored in a clean and dry environment.

If all of the settings are correct. I think that you have a faulty unit.
The voltage regulation is definitely off.
The one I have is currently buried in storage. Or I would pull it out and try to replicate your issue. I'm not sure if a firmware update could fix it or not.
I do find it odd that it was fine when you turned it off, and now this, on the next power up. I'm assuming that it was stored in a clean and dry environment.I had

I had powdered inverter down due to the passing of Hurricane. I'm in Barbados, which component do you think it might be?
I try to find a replacement part

I had powdered inverter down due to the passing of Hurricane. I'm in Barbados, which component do you think it might be?
I try to find a replacement part
I really don't know. It's more than likely something on the inverter board.
Possibly failed mosfett's, or just in the controls.
I would do a visual inspection and look for burned spots or discoloration.

Also look at the control boards.
The two small boards at the bottom, with the jacks and dip switches.

diy solar

diy solar
Back