diy solar

diy solar

Growatt SPF 6000T Output Voltage Cycling while on only battery input

AW1511

Hi, All I’m having trouble with my growatt SPF 6000T DVM while it has no inputs other than the battery. While only batteries are supplying power and the switch is flipped to “Inverter On” the inverter output ramps up to the expected 230V output stays there for ~1s and then ramps right back down to 0V and stays there for ~20s and then continues to cycle up and down indefinitely. No alarm or error codes show up.
This cycling does not occur while solar or the generator are supplying power. Both of these sources will also successfully charge the battery.
I'm quite confused by this one and think it may be a control board issue. Has anyone seen this before?

To isolate and replicate the issue I removed all of the connections from my generator and solar panels to the inverter. I then turned off all of the breakers to input/output and measured the EG4 battery at ~54V. I then turned on the inverter and it powered on normally and successfully and reads the battery at 94% SOC. It then brought up the ac output to 230V, but again it immediately ramps back down to 0V. I then plugged in a 100W incandescent light bulb and turned on the ac output breaker. 20s later the ouput ramps up and turns on the lightbulb and then ramps down again. I then turned on the solar breakers and the inverter accepts the input and the ac output comes up to 230V and stays there. It also begins charging the battery.

This unit has worked for 3 years prior to this. The pack communications look to be working perfectly as soc and charge cutoffs are working as expected. Just to be sure it wasn’t an issue with the battery comms I swapped over to the user2 config and still had the same issue.

Any help would be really appreciated. This has been a good unit, but worried I may need to call into signature solar for a warranty.

No, this is in “Inverter On” mode. I expected it to be something to do with powersave and have swapped back and forth between the 2 modes with no change.

Hi, All I’m having trouble with my growatt SPF 6000T DVM while it has no inputs other than the battery. While only batteries are supplying power and the switch is flipped to “Inverter On” the inverter output ramps up to the expected 230V output stays there for ~1s and then ramps right back down to 0V and stays there for ~20s and then continues to cycle up and down indefinitely. No alarm or error codes show up.
This cycling does not occur while solar or the generator are supplying power. Both of these sources will also successfully charge the battery.
I'm quite confused by this one and think it may be a control board issue. Has anyone seen this before?

To isolate and replicate the issue I removed all of the connections from my generator and solar panels to the inverter. I then turned off all of the breakers to input/output and measured the EG4 battery at ~54V. I then turned on the inverter and it powered on normally and successfully and reads the battery at 94% SOC. It then brought up the ac output to 230V, but again it immediately ramps back down to 0V. I then plugged in a 100W incandescent light bulb and turned on the ac output breaker. 20s later the ouput ramps up and turns on the lightbulb and then ramps down again. I then turned on the solar breakers and the inverter accepts the input and the ac output comes up to 230V and stays there. It also begins charging the battery.

This unit has worked for 3 years prior to this. The pack communications look to be working perfectly as soc and charge cutoffs are working as expected. Just to be sure it wasn’t an issue with the battery comms I swapped over to the user2 config and still had the same issue.

Any help would be really appreciated. This has been a good unit, but worried I may need to call into signature solar for a warranty.
Good morning! This looks to be a deeper issue and I would like to get you connected with our Tech support. If you'd like to reach out to me at engagement@signaturesolar.com we can troubleshoot with you and get you back up and running!

Back