diy solar

diy solar

Growatt Shine WiFi Dongle Odd Data Spikes

mattbrown006

I posted this on the safety check board, but it's probably more appropriate here.

Has anyone had issues with their Growatt ShineWiFi dongle setup showing weird spikes in the data logger? I'm running a Growatt 6k hybrid solar charge controller/inverter (SPF 6000T DVM-MPV)
with a 460ah 48v battery (two overkill BMSs) and 6S2P 290w solar array at a remote off grid cabin. All wires and breakers are sized and placed appropriately with good connections (I triple checked everything).

The property is 3 hours from my house, so I can't just run out and check on things easily. When I was out there setting up the system, I stayed for a week and everything was running perfectly. Now I'm back home and I'm getting weird blips and spikes through the data logger (viewing on a browser through the
US server, not on the ShinePhone app).

I'm not connected to grid power, but a couple of times a day I'm getting blips of data about power being imported from the grid. Today, a sunny cloudless day, I got a spike showing 149 kilowatts
of production from my solar array and 7 kilowatts of load consumption, rather than the normal 900 watts it takes to run my internet router and air conditioner. I have the logger set up to report every 0.2 minutes, and the spikes typically only last one reporting interval.

Is the Wi-Fi dongle glitchy? Or is the data logger glitchy? Or should I be on the road right now to go fix a short that might be burning up my hardware and cabin?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230907_201059_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230907_201059_Chrome.jpg
    304 KB · Views: 6
  • Screenshot_20230907_200917_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230907_200917_Chrome.jpg
    158 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
The phoneshine people did announce that they were doing maintenance and that data would be unavailable for some time. This was a couple of days ago. Not sure if what you are seeing is related.

Back