diy solar

diy solar

Growatt/ Shinephone App - where is my data stored and is it secure

Bruffster

Entered onto my Growatt inverter is my wifi password and on the Shinephone app is my address and performance data for the system. Not sure where the data is stored nor how accessible it is. This thread is in the context of data security. Anyone know something about this? Is there another monitoring system that may be more secure?

Entered onto my Growatt inverter is my wifi password and on the Shinephone app is my address and performance data for the system. Not sure where the data is stored nor how accessible it is. This thread is in the context of data security. Anyone know something about this? Is there another monitoring system that may be more secure?
Shine data is in the cloud.
You can run PV keeper on your own computer or Solar assistant.
For me, I love the Shine ap on my phone. It lets me check my system anywhere I have cell coverage.

Thanks, I'll try the Solar Assistant. The Shine app is very "grainy". It looks like a snap shot taken every 10 minutes or so. At least my consumption, production etc. statistics stay the same for that kind of duration.

Thanks, I'll try the Solar Assistant. The Shine app is very "grainy". It looks like a snap shot taken every 10 minutes or so. At least my consumption, production etc. statistics stay the same for that kind of duration.
Yes, reports every 10 minutes.
Solar Assistant can be set to refresh as fast as 10 seconds. And has a much better interface for information and control.

Back