diy solar

diy solar

Growatt SPF 3000TL LVM-ES 250v or 300v voc mppt?

The best answer they could give you is "consult an electrician".
Put it this way, product manufacturer should specified how and what should be done, and the electrician would followed the instruction, he just make sure that something, for example, a GFCI outlet must be used when you plug your unit to one receptacle within 3' of a waterbody etc. The electrician doesn't detect how an electrical device should be installed, the manufacturer does!
No, that is not the best answer they could have given.

It is fairly common knowledge that Growatt does not have the best customer service and that is why we buy from a supposedly reputable retailer vs ebay or Amazon. When the customer has questions, the retailer provides an answer, and if a suitable answer cannot be provided, the retailer acts as a liaison with the manufacturer until the questions are suitably answered.

As many of us have discovered, Growatt's manuals often lack documentation. Documentation that is critical for a diy installer, or electrician, to perform their job of safely installing certain units. Couple a lackluster manual with retailers who do not force the issue of attaining answers with their supplier, and we have the recipe for property damage, or injury.

The correct answer was for SigSolar to say we will contact the manufacturer and find out, or as @TURMIRE says, " ... that’s a good question, I’ll send our engineers a message and see if I can get get clarification. ".

No, that is not the best answer they could have given.

It is fairly common knowledge that Growatt does not have the best customer service and that is why we buy from a supposedly reputable retailer vs ebay or Amazon. When the customer has questions, the retailer provides an answer, and if a suitable answer cannot be provided, the retailer acts as a liaison with the manufacturer until the questions are suitably answered.

As many of us have discovered, Growatt's manuals often lack documentation. Documentation that is critical for a diy installer, or electrician, to perform their job of safely installing certain units. Couple a lackluster manual with retailers who do not force the issue of attaining answers with their supplier, and we have the recipe for property damage, or injury.

The correct answer was for SigSolar to say we will contact the manufacturer and find out, or as @TURMIRE says, " ... that’s a good question, I’ll send our engineers a message and see if I can get get clarification. ".
What I should do is put an open and closing quotation marks or write "best" on my earlier comment! You just said it! They (retailer) should act as a liaison between the customers and manufacturers. When retailer approach the manufacturer, manufacturer knows what model they talk about and is committed to provide the answers.

There is a specification sticker on the side of the inverter. I think that wins. My sticker says Max. PV input voltage (VOC): 250 VDC and MPPT voltage range: 120-250 VDC.

There is a specification sticker on the side of the inverter. I think that wins. My sticker says Max. PV input voltage (VOC): 250 VDC and MPPT voltage range: 120-250 VDC.
That is correct and don't take any chance of using any number higher than this from other source.

Ya, I'd definitely stick to the 250VOC.
Hi Richard,
For

Growatt SPF 3000TL LVM-ES with EG4 48V100AH Battery bought from SS. Choosing LI for Program 05, my inverter simply shows SOL & SLA not LI. If I use US2, what is the recommended setting for Program 19, 20 & 21? The default settings are 56.4v, 54v & 420v respectively?​

I understand that, but the numbers I mean. Is 250VDC = 250VOC
Not necessarily. 250VDC is just a measurement.
250VOC is a measurement of voltage on an open circuit. (With no load connected)

Back