diy solar

diy solar

Growatt SPF 3000TL LVM-ES 48v ground issue

Skyerunner

I recently hooked up my system. Everything seemed to be going along fine. Then one of the kids touched the fridge handle while barefoot and got shocked to I did some investigating. My ground is putting out 112 +/- volts. I doubled checked the AC output and it’s wired correctly according to the diagram.
The next weird thing is that my AC input is also outputting voltage. Ground is running 112 volts as well.
Am I missing something? Is there a connection that needs to be disconnected somewhere? I think that the UK vs US units need something done to them. However this is a US version in the US so would think not.
Any help would be appreciated on this one.
Thanks!

Attachments

• BEAE7D7F-872D-499E-BFA2-2BAEBFA142DB.jpeg
    BEAE7D7F-872D-499E-BFA2-2BAEBFA142DB.jpeg
    129.3 KB · Views: 17
The next weird thing is that my AC input is also outputting voltage. Ground is running 112 volts as well.
That sounds really bad..... but before I dive too deep, when you say 'ground is running 112V', what two points are you measuring between.

Another question, Are you seeing the problem when the inverter is in pass-through, when it is on battery? or both?

That sounds really bad..... but before I dive too deep, when you say 'ground is running 112V', what two points are you measuring between.

Another question, Are you seeing the problem when the inverter is in pass-through, when it is on battery? or both?
Ground to ground voltage reading. If running on PV only it’s less at the moment. 72v ground in the input or output to grounding rod. 53v ground rod to line and neutral on AC input terminals and 53 v to line output to ground rod and 72v on the mitral output to ground rod.

Both numbers are just higher once batteries are connected.

Ground to ground voltage reading. If running on PV only it’s less at the moment. 72v ground in the input or output to grounding rod. 53v ground rod to line and neutral on AC input terminals and 53 v to line output to ground rod and 72v on the mitral output to ground rod.
OK..... I suspect there is a wiring problem of the system even without the inverter.

1) Is this off grid or is a grid-connected main panel involved? (Since there is AC in, I assume there is a grid involved, but it could be a generator)
2) In the picture it looks like the AC input is an extension cord.... Is that correct? If so, are you sure it is wired correctly?
3) What is the voltage from the ground rod to the point the inverter input wire connects to the rest of the system?

1. I have the option of plugging into the grid. Main source is PV, I only plug into grid if the batteries run out of juice.

2. Yes, it was an extension cord/power strip that I cut. Polarity is correct. However the male end it hot. So somethin in the inverter is allowing current out the input.

3. The voltages above are the readings with pv only connected. I’m alarmed that the AC input (not plugged in) is reading voltage at all. I discovered it when I grabbed the end earlier and got a zap.

No fix?
Bummer. This is the second one I have ordered. The first one was all corroded. Guess I’ll contact the distributor and see if there is anything he can do.
Thanks for your help on this.
Happy new year!

Looks like you're wired to the input.
Input is wired to input and output to output. Even with input wires disconnected I have voltage at the terminals.
Doesn’t matter if the inverter is running on PV or battery.

Output goes to your appliances. Just trying to make sure you didn't wire up backwards.

Output goes to your appliances. Just trying to make sure you didn't wire up backwards.
I took the picture before I removed the input plug. I checked the ground rod and the connection was a bit loose. Tightened that up and that fixed my voltage issues on the ground side of things. I still have around 25-27 volts between the ground and neutral or ground and line. since growatt doesn't bond the ground and neutral it was suggested that I bond them or jumper the input and output neutrals. I haven't done that yet. Was going to bond the input ground and neutral and see what the terminals read. neutral to line had.3 volts so there is hope.

Back