diy solar

diy solar

Growatt SPF 6000 DVM not charging.

Maniacman

Hi, I have my solar setup complete. I have a 4s 3p solar array with 4 48v 150ah lithium ion batteries in parallel and the Growatt SPF 6000 DVM inverter. Everything is working great but I am not getting any current from the solar panels to charge the batteries. The voltage is dead on but I am only getting like 25 watts a no current. I know there current coming from the solar panels because I accidently got a nice jolt by touching the wires. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Hi, I have my solar setup complete. I have a 4s 3p solar array with 4 48v 150ah lithium ion batteries in parallel and the Growatt SPF 6000 DVM inverter. Everything is working great but I am not getting any current from the solar panels to charge the batteries. The voltage is dead on but I am only getting like 25 watts a no current. I know there current coming from the solar panels because I accidently got a nice jolt by touching the wires. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
Recheck all connections in your array? Sounds like somethings not making a proper connection? Check with a clamp meter also

Damn, I'll have to go on the roof again. Why would the voltage be fine? Wouldn't the voltage be at 0 if there was a connection issue?
Im not entirely sure about pv but sometimes with generators and ac input you can get strange voltage readings from bad connections. Generators move around a lot. Panels are exposed to the elements. Things happen while you sleep that you don’t see lol ?

I have my charging voltage set at 54.6, is that too high?
I am wondering if it is too low. I recently experimented with my Growatt, trying to get it to charge with more amperage at high states of charge. I did so by switching back to the user settings from the lithium settings and it actually reduced the charging current even further than it was on the lithium setting. The inverter was assuming it was at 100% based on the voltage. BMS communication seems to allow the inverter to actually charge the battery faster.

I am wondering if it is too low. I recently experimented with my Growatt, trying to get it to charge with more amperage at high states of charge. I did so by switching back to the user settings from the lithium settings and it actually reduced the charging current even further than it was on the lithium setting. The inverter was assuming it was at 100% based on the voltage. BMS communication seems to allow the inverter to actually charge the battery faster.
I found out that I don’t have the firmware installed at all.

Attachments

• 36257A03-0234-4827-92D2-2CE84073D9DE.jpeg
    36257A03-0234-4827-92D2-2CE84073D9DE.jpeg
    66.5 KB · Views: 13
  • 8DE2ECDA-50D6-44E4-B687-904CC3FEFAF1.jpeg
    8DE2ECDA-50D6-44E4-B687-904CC3FEFAF1.jpeg
    49.6 KB · Views: 13

diy solar

diy solar
Back