diy solar

diy solar

Growatt SPH3600 Inverter problems

Dave79

Hi. We have been noticing some weird things happening with our new solar system. We have 10 x 405W panels, a Growatt SPH3600 inverter and Growatt 5 kW battery. Last night I changed the "Battery First" settings to force charge the battery between 2 and 5 am. This was a test before we move over to Octopus Flux to take advantage of the lower rate electricty between those times, to make sure it works. When we got up this morning and checked the SOC the battery did indeed charge to 100% over the 3 hrs. However, at 11am there was around 60% battery left then all of a sudden at 11am the battery started discharging eveything to the grid! I couldn't do anything to stop this happening. Now the inverter is drawing more than it needs to satisfy the load and charging the battery as well! Obviously this is costing us a lot of electricty, the highest we have ever had in a single day at almost £3 so far today and its only midday. I cannot see what is wrong. The dashboard says we are on "Load First", which I think is the default setting. Basically I am wanting to stop the import and charging the battery again and then discharging it again!! I have added screenshots of what is currently happening, plus settings. Can anyone help me to understand what to do in the settings to stop this? Thanks. David
EDIT: The battery charged up to 20% and then stopped. That is the setting in "Load First" so presumably imported from grid again to get it back to 20%, then stopped at that. I might lower this number down to 12%. I assume then the load will start to be drawn once again from the battery and stop at 12%.
1699964885425.png1699964925750.png1699965082045.png1699965169183.png1699965224831.png

Last edited:
Back