diy solar

diy solar

GSL 8k non DEYE installation help! (Megarevo??)

Are they decent inverters? Should I try to return it? In the manual it implies it would work without a battery. When trying to reach out to the company for this issue this is what they said back for getting the mode to work. They are selective in answering my questions.

Attachments

• 86F93A12-06B9-4965-B46D-EFF57E4AC24F.jpeg
    86F93A12-06B9-4965-B46D-EFF57E4AC24F.jpeg
    219 KB · Views: 79
Are they decent inverters? Should I try to return it? In the manual it implies it would work without a battery. When trying to reach out to the company for this issue this is what they said back for getting the mode to work. They are selective in answering my questions.
wait, so you ordered a deye, but they send you something else ?

if this is not what you ordered, i'd return it , regardless if it is high quality or not

as to the quality, i cant tell you, looked at the specs, and those look excellent, but that says nothing about the quality, so cant help you there.

had hoped @FilterGuy knew

So this is how misleading they are. When sending the payment inquiries I wanted to make sure everything was correct. They send me the attached product for payment. When you click on the product it brings you to the product page. This is what I was expecting to get which is the deye firmware and screens. When I received it and I powered it on and seen it wasn’t anything like that I complained to them it was false advertising and they said they never was deceiving. Now I see they removed the product listing from the desktop view but it still can be viewed as a mobile version.
Check out this product on Alibaba App GSL Energy High Frequency Pure Sine Ware 8kw US Split Phase Residential Hybrid Solar Inverter With High Voltage 80-400VDC
https://m.alibaba.com/product/16002...7.8.2_share","cacheTime":"1800000"}}&from=IOS1650040825361.png
. I screen recorded it last night before I sent the email to them. They also said they cannot sell a Deye inverter to the USA and only sol-ark can carry them. I wish I would’ve known that or wish they would have sent me the correct product details before ordering. I really like the Deye setup and know it would work for my setup. I just can’t afford a sol-ark 8k. If this other one would do the same as the Deye, I would be fine with it. There’s a lot more information and support with a Deye and I’m having issues figuring this one out. I’m hoping someone on the forum will see this and offer a hand how to get it working.

I just received GSL hybrid 8k version expecting it to look like the Deye inverter and software they show on Alibaba.com. Apparently it is not a Deye inverter but a copy that is made by GSL. It does not have the same screen/ software or instructions. I have attached the listing I placed though Alibaba.com so you can see the screen and software I was expecting. I also attached what I received. I am having issues understanding how to get this working. I have the grid and PV connected like it shows. I do not have any loads or batteries hooked up at the moment. I am trying to use it more like a grid tie for now. It shows PV in but gets a battery fault, and not showing any current output to the grid. I am not sure how to get to this work mode “self use 2a”. The only software options are: Self use, peak shaving, battery priority, nothing beyond those 3 options. Secondly this part of the manual where it says to connect the grid terminals to the gen terminals, doesn’t sound like a good idea. Any help would be greatly appreciated! If I can’t get this to work I am going to try to see if Alibaba.com trade assurance would refund it and hopefully not be out even more money.
Hi Slvsky07 i found this see if it helps. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCE_5IeutgbuqjYw4QpPwh2w

Secondly this part of the manual where it says to connect the grid terminals to the gen terminals, doesn’t sound like a good idea. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
If you look at the image you posted, it's not showing connecting the grid connections to the gen terminals, it's showing connecting them to the grid block/terminals which are just to the right of the gen terminals.

Maybe this one, it is high voltage inverter

Attachments

• H1NA series Hybrid inverter user manual for north American hign voltage(neutral) (1)(1).pdf
    2.9 MB · Views: 62
Last edited:
If you look at the image you posted, it's not showing connecting the grid connections to the gen terminals, it's showing connecting them to the grid block/terminals which are just to the right of the gen terminals.
Okay, I was just wondering on the wording. I figured you didn’t hook them together because that seemed like a bad idea.

Okay, I was just wondering on the wording. I figured you didn’t hook them together because that seemed like a bad idea.
If you're not fluent in "Chinglish", the written instructions tend to be confusing... Rivaled by the menus!

Very interesting. I also ordered one of these inverters, but have not received it yet. They did email me the manual, however, and it is the same as you posted here.

They have a youtube channel and show the set up of their inverter, and was also expecting the color touch screen.

I think the color one they have on youtube would have been the Deye inverter the "used" to sell to the USA. Apparently they will have another one soon with a color screen. Not sure what the actual brand is they will be using. They also claimed this Megarevo one they sent me was also an GSL made inverter which is not true. They also do not even have any GSL stickers or anything on this inverter.

That was pretty much the same price as I paid. All in all, this inverter works well. I just wish it was a little nicer looking on the outside like the Deye inverters and had more support and following like Deyes also.

I'm not upset with the price. I've been on the waiting list for the LVX6048WP for a while, and figured this was a good value. Now that the WP price has gone up to $2200, I'm happy I at least got the ball rolling with this GSL. Maybe I'll get lucky and it will show up with the new screen?

I was in the exact same boat. I was on that waiting list and couldn't wait any longer. I thought I was getting a Deye for the same price but that turned out to be incorrect. I like the specs of the Megarevo a little more than the LVX6048WP since I was at the max for the PV input on that unit. Now I have expansion room. The Megarevo seems to be a little simpler on the features though.

I just wanted to add another PDF I got from GSL. It doesn't say too much, but it could provide some insight if others are looking into this inverter. (Notice even their sticker shows megarevo part number (R8kLNA)

Attachments

• 8KW Inverter Operation Guide.pdf
    3.5 MB · Views: 72
Hi. I just received the same "Megarevo" when I ordered a GSL inverter. Not happy with GSL, they are not honest about their product. If it is not their product just say so and I would not purchase it. Firmware and LCD are so outdated. I bought a Sacolor/Growatt which is much cheaper and it has a better interface. I hope it is reliable because I am off grid.

Last edited:

diy solar

diy solar
Back