diy solar

diy solar

GSL/Deye hybrid inverter.

gilou63

Dear community, I hope you are all doing well. I live in the USA and I recently purchased from China a GSL energy hybrid inverter gsl-h-7.6k-US (deye SUN-7.6-8K-SG01LP1-US-EU)

I am very confused by what they are telling me about connecting the inverter to the Grid. They tell me to use a 60/63 amp 2 pole breaker with 6mm2 (10awg) wires. But the US electrical code (NEC) says 4 or 6awg max.

I attached a picture of the inverter label that says the Max AC Input Power 38.3A. The AC Input Rated Current is 33.4 Amp. so I would think that a 40 amp breaker would be enough and therefore 10awg (6mm2) wires would be ok.

I reached out to GSL several times to ask about this and they confirmed that quote "63a circuit breaker can be connected to 6mm2 wire, can be used for AC input and output, 4awg is DC end, connected to lithium battery and inverter

Am I missing or misunderstanding something? What do you all think?

Attachments

• IMG_20220301_000713.jpg
    IMG_20220301_000713.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 91
Dear community, I hope you are all doing well. I live in the USA and I recently purchased from China a GSL energy hybrid inverter gsl-h-7.6k-US (deye SUN-7.6-8K-SG01LP1-US-EU)

I am very confused by what they are telling me about connecting the inverter to the Grid. They tell me to use a 60/63 amp 2 pole breaker with 6mm2 (10awg) wires. But the US electrical code (NEC) says 4 or 6awg max.

I attached a picture of the inverter label that says the Max AC Input Power 38.3A. The AC Input Rated Current is 33.4 Amp. so I would think that a 40 amp breaker would be enough and therefore 10awg (6mm2) wires would be ok.

I reached out to GSL several times to ask about this and they confirmed that quote "63a circuit breaker can be connected to 6mm2 wire, can be used for AC input and output, 4awg is DC end, connected to lithium battery and inverter

Am I missing or misunderstanding something? What do you all think?
Hi,

Attached is the Deye 7.6K/8K US PDF document on Page 44. The MAX Continuous AC Passthrough is 50A. My Deye 8K is Grid-Tie, I've installed a 50A breaker with 6 AGW wire (per NEC code). However, if you're installing it off Grid, the unit is capable of 16KW Peak Power for 10 seconds. It will be recommended to install a 60/63 A circuit breaker. (16,000KW/240V=66A).

Hope this helps.

BTW, did you purchased the Inverter from GSL this year, and how much did you pay for it ?

Attachments

• Deye Hybrid Inverter User Manual 11-16-2021 - PG 44.pdf
    283.1 KB · Views: 68
Hi,

Attached is the Deye 7.6K/8K US PDF document on Page 44. The MAX Continuous AC Passthrough is 50A. My Deye 8K is Grid-Tie, I've installed a 50A breaker with 6 AGW wire (per NEC code). However, if you're installing it off Grid, the unit is capable of 16KW Peak Power for 10 seconds. It will be recommended to install a 60/63 A circuit breaker. (16,000KW/240V=66A).

Hope this helps.

BTW, did you purchased the Inverter from GSL this year, and how much did you pay for it ?
thank you !

Hi,

Hope this helps.

I bought directly from GSL using alibaba. 5600 with shipping for both units, 8k hybrid inverter and 10kwh powerwall

Did you get the inverter with the same color touch screen as DEYE or did you get something else?

Please post a picture of the front of the unit. Its very interesting that you were able to get one of these and not the megarevo R7.6KLNA.

Please also post the vendor you used to help out others of this forum.

vendor Gsl energy through Alibaba as stated above.

Attachments

• IMG_20220625_151904.jpg
    IMG_20220625_151904.jpg
    172.2 KB · Views: 56
Wow! Consider yourself extremely lucky in my opinion. I tried to order this inverter thru them and they refused to sell it to me. What I received was a Megarevo, NOT the Deye.

It was easy process. I got a 10kwh battery bank with it. no issue, people there are reliable and very nice, respond to my emails all the time. the only think I am not sure is the link between GSL and Deye

GSL is not a manufacturing, they resellers .the one you bought is Deye.
the other one is Megarevo. 2 different manufacturing

Last edited:
Wow! Consider yourself extremely lucky in my opinion. I tried to order this inverter thru them and they refused to sell it to me. What I received was a Megarevo, NOT the Deye.
Remember, he ordered it last Oct. I doubt they are still shipping the Deye today.

Back