diy solar

diy solar

Has anyone dealt with QH Technology (China)?

Nuttersknoll69

Hi all. This is my 1st post on the forum!
I have been communicating with a company called "QH Technology" (https://www.youtube.com/c/QHTechnology) regarding their 200ah wall mounted battery, after a YouTube video of theirs had popped up & caught my attention. I'm currently on the look out for about 10kwh of battery, at a reasonable price, as a starting point for getting off grid, but keeping the grid handy till we definitely don't need it.

I sent an email inquiring about that battery, which they responded quite quickly. The main things I wanted to know was the price and delivery costs etc.
When they replied, they only gave me a price list (in their own currency, even though I told them I'm in Australia) with general specs on the battery. These specs looked more suitable to a 200ah battery, as what was on their web site looked plain wrong! ie. Max Charge Current : 40A, Continuous Discharge Current : 60A, compared to Max Charge Current : 100A, Continuous Discharge Current : 100A.

I let them know this, to which they said they have been very busy creating web pages in different languages but realized they had issues with their web site.....
I then asked them for info on their BMS, Warranty, shipping to my door, Battery Manual, all of which they passed on quite quickly!

They make their own BMS and cells, according to them, and also use other manufacturers cells as well. (I've attached their list).

After all of this, I am really finding it hard to trust anything they say. They appear to be legit, but if that was the case, their web site should be pretty well accurate, right? What do you all think?

Thanks, Dave.

Attachments

• b86bbbac492f9d55b72b79d9112b8a6.png
    b86bbbac492f9d55b72b79d9112b8a6.png
    232 KB · Views: 3
Hi Dave, I really hope you didn't proceed with purchasing anything from them. I ordered batteries and a couple of cells. Look at the pictures to see what they sent me. Cells are old (clearly 2nd hand and have been used before), swollen and the QR code removed so you can't confirm the age or capacity. I contacted their manager (Ben Cai), no response. How pathetic. My advice: stay away.

Attachments

• 20221228_124615.jpg
    20221228_124615.jpg
    331.7 KB · Views: 5
  • 20221127_090732.jpg
    20221127_090732.jpg
    300.8 KB · Views: 5
  • 20221127_090641.jpg
    20221127_090641.jpg
    252.9 KB · Views: 5
Hey. Thanks for that Irek007! I was 50/50 about purchasing from them, but my other half thought it was too risky! We had already decided to purchase locally, (at a higher $ per kWh), knowing we would then hopefully have some sort of fall back if warranty was required.
I got to say, they had me pretty fooled. Even traveled to a Power Expo in Melbourne (700km round trip) to check them out, which is where I also met our local supplier, who offered me a discount. I'd actually already bought 2x Growatt inverters off of them online. Cheers & thanks again.

Back