diy solar

diy solar

Has anyone used a 100 Balance BMS from Dongguan Balanced Management Technology Co. Ltd?

packrat1969

While attempting to dig up info on a JK B2A8S20P BMS I stumbled on to a line of BMSes that I've never seen discussed on these forums: The "100 BALANCE BMS" series that's made by Dongguan Balanced Management Technology Co. Ltd. While it seems that they don't go beyond 100A units, they give the appearance of being well made and featured. Any input here? Attempting to do a search by name on this site is absolutely useless. ?

With no first-hand experience with one, all I can say is that they look really pretty. Though, I wonder if Victron will get irritated with their choice of paint color...

100Balance Comms.jpg
100Balance Paralleling.jpg

I haven't yet found a site that wasn't linked with Alibaba, nor have I been able to find any English documentation.

packrat

Last edited:
I'm looking at the same BMS. Packrat, did you ever purchase one. Has anyone purchased one?
Thanks

I accidentally found Andy's video about eight hours after he released it. Interesting. I wouldn't have expected so many things to be "wrong" with such a pretty BMS. I can only hope the manufacturer watches his video and takes everything to heart to correct the flaws in their product. I find it surprising, that all of the companies designing products like this don't pay more attention to the end user market.

So I just contacted them and sent them a link to Andy’s video and they replied that they have updated the software to address these concerns. I put one on order to test it.

I've reached out to them and Cora wrote this to me. I bought 4 150amp with V1.2 firmware. I'll install in May and let you know what I think. I really like that you can monitor batteries from anywhere with WiFi and BT and Smart Active balancer is built in.

please don't worry,we have already upgraded our BMS software.
the below link will show you the balance logic has been changed, not effected by single voltage high alarm.

Also
dear Keith,
we have sent upgraded version BMS to Andy, he will make new video very soon.
about some bug that showing in the video, i would like to explain;
1. active balance logic. if voltage data meet your balance start setting, it will keep balancing till voltage meet balance closed setting.
but if there's overdischarge alarm, or you turn off dicharge mos, it will stop balancing.

2. sampling length, we have 800mm length sampling cable for optional,standard is 450mm sampling cable,800mm is for option.

3. we are doing invertor communication job, which will be finished in 1 week, please see attached banner about the invertor brands.

4. P- and B- cable, for 100A BMS, we also have 6AWG 150mm cable for optional.

5. and we have update our user manual and put more details about wiring guide.

our BMS will be more and more perfect, improvement won't stop, so we will send more BMS out for review,
We care very much about our customers' experience and evaluation.

I've reached out to them and Cora wrote this to me. I bought 4 150amp with V1.2 firmware. I'll install in May and let you know what I think. I really like that you can monitor batteries from anywhere with WiFi and BT and Smart Active balancer is built in.

please don't worry,we have already upgraded our BMS software.
the below link will show you the balance logic has been changed, not effected by single voltage high alarm.

Also
dear Keith,
we have sent upgraded version BMS to Andy, he will make new video very soon.
about some bug that showing in the video, i would like to explain;
1. active balance logic. if voltage data meet your balance start setting, it will keep balancing till voltage meet balance closed setting.
but if there's overdischarge alarm, or you turn off dicharge mos, it will stop balancing.

2. sampling length, we have 800mm length sampling cable for optional,standard is 450mm sampling cable,800mm is for option.

3. we are doing invertor communication job, which will be finished in 1 week, please see attached banner about the invertor brands.

4. P- and B- cable, for 100A BMS, we also have 6AWG 150mm cable for optional.

5. and we have update our user manual and put more details about wiring guide.

our BMS will be more and more perfect, improvement won't stop, so we will send more BMS out for review,
We care very much about our customers' experience and evaluation.
Cool, that's even more than she said to me. glad to hear they are working on improving the software.

wonder if it will use the same BT interface as the Daly? it is the same company after all. the upgraded software for the BT interface has setting for active ballancer setup, but only if the firmware supports it. guess I will find out soon enough when it arrives.

So the 100 balance BMS arrived this AM. unfortunately I will not even be able to test it till either this weekend or next depending upon schedule.

weekend free time has been scarce the last couple of weeks. this week I have to go pickup about 6 tons of hardwood from one of my tame arborists...

normally this is not a big deal, but my splitter's engine passed away at the ripe old age of 44 years old.. rest in peace B&S motor... so I have a small 2 cylinder kubota diesel I have been planning on swapping for almost 3 years now but never had the time to mess with it. so thats up first and foremost after picking the wood up on friday. maybe Sunday will be free if I can mount and set the new engine quickly enough.

So the 100 balance BMS arrived this AM. unfortunately I will not even be able to test it till either this weekend or next depending upon schedule.

weekend free time has been scarce the last couple of weeks. this week I have to go pickup about 6 tons of hardwood from one of my tame arborists...

normally this is not a big deal, but my splitter's engine passed away at the ripe old age of 44 years old.. rest in peace B&S motor... so I have a small 2 cylinder kubota diesel I have been planning on swapping for almost 3 years now but never had the time to mess with it. so thats up first and foremost after picking the wood up on friday. maybe Sunday will be free if I can mount and set the new engine quickly enough.
We'll see who installs them first. I also ordered a Neey 4A balancer and 100 Balance 5A Active Balancer to test...I have 8 Tesla battery modules, 2 in series, 4 packs in parallel. Cora at 100Balance told me I only needed 4 BMS, everyone else said 8. My batteries are 6S, so 12S for 2 in series for @48v. I've been running my offgrid home in Mexico for 4 years now. No problems but I've always wanted a way to monitor my cells from anywhere in the world. Never bought a BMS because the install manuals were way to complicated. I just top balance occasionally and only charge to 48Volts when I'm not there, 49V when I'm there. I've been using 057Tech mini BMS which are total crap at $150 each. 2 over heated and the backs melted. I sent them back and never heard back, after repeated calls. Jason turned out to be a deadbeat who doesn't really know what he's doing. That website is now gone...maybe something happened bad in his life, divorce, who knows, I forgive and forget. Excited to try these out in a few weeks. Have 10,000 watts of solar, Growatt Charfe controller.

Attachments

• IMG-20240418-WA0006.jpg
    IMG-20240418-WA0006.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG-20240418-WA0000.jpg
    IMG-20240418-WA0000.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG-20240409-WA0000.jpg
    IMG-20240409-WA0000.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG-20240326-WA0010.jpg
    IMG-20240326-WA0010.jpg
    445.1 KB · Views: 3
We'll see who installs them first. I also ordered a Neey 4A balancer and 100 Balance 5A Active Balancer to test...I have 8 Tesla battery modules, 2 in series, 4 packs in parallel. Cora at 100Balance told me I only needed 4 BMS, everyone else said 8. My batteries are 6S, so 12S for 2 in series for @48v. I've been running my offgrid home in Mexico for 4 years now. No problems but I've always wanted a way to monitor my cells from anywhere in the world. Never bought a BMS because the install manuals were way to complicated. I just top balance occasionally and only charge to 48Volts when I'm not there, 49V when I'm there. I've been using 057Tech mini BMS which are total crap at $150 each. 2 over heated and the backs melted. I sent them back and never heard back, after repeated calls. Jason turned out to be a deadbeat who doesn't really know what he's doing. That website is now gone...maybe something happened bad in his life, divorce, who knows, I forgive and forget. Excited to try these out in a few weeks. Have 10,000 watts of solar, Growatt Charfe controller.
cancel the neely... i ordered four of the damn things and none of them work unless you have GPS coverage on your cell phone to set them up. Heck I'd send you one to try if you pay for the postage.

cancel the neely... i ordered four of the damn things and none of them work unless you have GPS coverage on your cell phone to set them up. Heck I'd send you one to try if you pay for the postage.
GPS....crazy. Why would you need that? Andy loved 4th Generation. Yours really don't work at all? Are they 4th generation? Sure I'll pay for postage unless you're in Timbuktu...

GPS....crazy. Why would you need that? Andy loved 4th Generation. Yours really don't work at all? Are they 4th generation? Sure I'll pay for postage unless you're in Timbuktu...
whatever the newest are, just got them two months ago.
mine are in a container and when in the container no cell phone coverage... can't drag the batteries to the door and set them up and the damn things will not work with no cell coverage as it demands GPS signal for some damn reason. send me a PM with your address.

Last edited:
Back