diy solar

diy solar

Has anyone tried this 12v 3000W LF inverter?

@Andy6ft4Tall think this is the same inverter, the shipping seems to be free in the UK. It came up as £0.00 in my basket
Cheers for the link.
Yes i'v spoken to Vevor and they have stock in their Czech warehouse. Vevor don't have the best reputation for customer services but the same can be said for many retailers on Amazon and eBay. At least in the UK we have an option to ask the bank to claw back any card payment in full if a card purchase is faulty or not as described. It's a faff to do a clawback with a bank because you usually have to go into a branch to start a clawback instead of doing banking services online.

I'v spent the last couple of days online, picking up bits of information from different sellers about this LF inverter charger.
From one seller you can buy this unit with an additional On/Off switch panel with 3 LED's to show what mode the inverter is in.
Originally you could buy a complete LCD control panel with a 5 meter extension lead but that seems to have been fazed out (probably due to the 5x increase in price of chips in the past 18 months & the US sanctions on chips being supplied to China)
Most retailers cannot supply either type of remote control panel.
Apparently this inverter is an upgraded version of the W7 inverter?
The inverter comes with an option for a port (the green plug) for a generator start up, if the battery voltage drops to low, making this unit a true UPS.
From everything i have read so far this unit has to be manually switched between battery or shore power priority (not sure if automatic switching is possible?)
I'v only seen one seller mention a User-defined battery charging voltage option, (which i will ask the seller to confirm) but the Gel-USA setting of 14v fast charge (Bulk) and 13.7v float or the setting for AGM1 14.1v Bulk and 13.4v float, both fall into useable charging parameters for Lifpo4 prismatic cells.
Selection of battery charging voltage type​
Battery type
Fast V​
Float V​
Gel U.S.A
14​
13.7​
A.G.M 1
14.1​
13.4​
A.G.M 2
14.6​
13.7​
Sealed lead acid
14.4​
13.6​
Gel Euro
14.4​
13.8​
Open Lead Acid
14.8​
13.3​
Calcium
15.1​
13.6​
De sulphation
15.5 for 4 hrs then off,​
Li
14.7​
Other
User-defined​

I can tell you im sick of looking at bright yellow inverters.

All the parts for these generic LF inverter are coming out of the same factory and being put inside slightly different metal boxes with slight different specs.
Most retailer dont have any more information than they have already put online.

Honestly for the price I have not found a better/cheaper LF inverter charger.
So when i finally get my hands on one i will report back with anything else i find out. (user functions, Pro and Cons)
I already know I will have to replace the noisy fan for a quieter one.
Only time will tell if they are a reliable inverter?

I found this remote and think it's probably the same remote as its used in loads of inverters https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Remote-S...2349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=710-127635-2958-0

I'm very close to buying one myself from vevor, like you say there all the same and buying Chinese products you kinda know your not likely to get your mo ey back if its faulty. I've not been able to find any reviews that mention the charging side of it and have found nothing on the idle draw.

Just be wary that inverters purchased outside your country may not be local compliant and problems arise such as-

The concept of connecting the neutral to protestive earth cable when using an inverter, to ensure that a RCD will function, is difficult to digest at first.

If it hasn't the compliance sticker you are the one liable if anyone gets zapped at the camp ground

I found this remote and think it's probably the same remote as its used in loads of inverters https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Remote-S...2349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=710-127635-2958-0

I'm very close to buying one myself from vevor, like you say there all the same and buying Chinese products you kinda know your not likely to get your mo ey back if its faulty. I've not been able to find any reviews that mention the charging side of it and have found nothing on the idle draw.
Just remember you can always do a bank clawback if you pay by card. (if the inverter arrives broken or breaks later on)
I read there is a power saving mode (standby mode) that uses 5W and Standard power mode is 20W.
I'm not saying those figures are correct.
Personally i plan to turn it off when not in use.
I think i might have found the main manufacture or at least the main distributor.
I have emailed them this evening so expect a reply by Monday-Tuesday next week.
It took some serious digging to find the info.
I'v asked them to email a copy of the instruction manual and full spec sheet as well.

Did you see the reviews on Amazon.UK ??
Lots of questions and answers on two different listings.
Mixed comments.
Most people are happy.
A few bad reviews, mostly from people that expected a plug and play unit (without setting it up and they expected all the heavy gauge cable to come with the inverter!!!) From the comments they expected a set of crocodile clamps to attach to their vehicle starter battery and a 240v plug on the other end. Not understanding you cant pull 3000 watts from a 50-60A starter battery.
If your from the UK? I found a cheap place to buy cable by the meter and good quality lugs are 8p to 25p each depending on the size. No minimum order.
I'v been using them for a couple of year without any issue. Very helpful, even when i asked some daft questions, when i first started out.

Yeah I'm UK based, I've been using simply split charge for cables but there expensive. A link to cheaper ones would be handy. Thanks
I've been sat pricing up the things I need to go with the inverter, dishwasher, microwave and possibly a bread maker but that means new water tank, inline pressure valve, using the old tank as a waste tank, redoing the waste drainage all before I look at microwaves. Just as well I don't drink coffee and don't need a coffee machine. All in about £500 plus the price of the inverter or I could buy a converted power supply as a charger and carry on hand washing the dishes and heating things on the cooker. Hmm decisions decisions

Yeah I'm UK based, I've been using simply split charge for cables but there expensive. A link to cheaper ones would be handy. Thanks
I've been sat pricing up the things I need to go with the inverter, dishwasher, microwave and possibly a bread maker but that means new water tank, inline pressure valve, using the old tank as a waste tank, redoing the waste drainage all before I look at microwaves. Just as well I don't drink coffee and don't need a coffee machine. All in about £500 plus the price of the inverter or I could buy a converted power supply as a charger and carry on hand washing the dishes and heating things on the cooker. Hmm decisions decisions
Have a look at https://www.superlecdirect.com/ at their Tri Rated cable.
When you see UK companies use words like over rated/over sized cable, there is a good chance they are selling you metric sized cable that they are buying from Superlec but they are charging twice the price. The same goes for UK seller on ebay. They quote AWG sizes but go on to say the cable is over sized.
You really need a minimum 100mm2 cable to pull enough power to run a 12v inverter close to 3000W.
You wont need much of it because you want the inverter as close as possible to your battery.
You also want something like a 250A breaker (or 250A Mega fuse) between your battery and inverter.

I'm buying 120mm2 (4/0 AWG) which is £20 per meter with the VAT, to go from my battery to the 3000W inverter.
The large 120mm2 lugs are £1.62 each

When you look at their tri rated 10mm2 (8AWG) is only £1.50 per meter. On ebay your paying £4 per meter for exactly the same cable.

All the bits like cables and lugs and breakers add up. So if we can save a few quid it's a bonus.
You could go for 95mm2 tri rated (3.0 AWG) if you not pushing the inverter right up to 3000W continuous.

You really need to put a clamp on the 240v appliances to see how many watts they pull on start up and continuous.
A lot of people think an 800w microwave uses 800w max but they often pull more than double that on start up.

My fridge pulls 110a on start up but only 4a once running. It's only for a split second, so quick I've never seen it do it but the bms catches it.
Cheers for the links on the cable, should save me a few quid. Don't suppose you have a link to 250L water tanks that's less than £200?

My fridge pulls 110a on start up but only 4a once running. It's only for a split second, so quick I've never seen it do it but the bms catches it.
Cheers for the links on the cable, should save me a few quid. Don't suppose you have a link to 250L water tanks that's less than £200?
Keep your eye on FB because they pop up on there cheap on a regular basis.
I think im going to custom build my water tanks.
That's for a different forum. LOL

Just had a look on amazon and the mophorn inverter that looks identical claims to have a 95a charger built in. Aliexpress has started adding tax to items sent to the UK, looks like its 15%. That takes the charger I was looking at from 1/4 to 1/3 of the price of the inverter. Looks like I'm going to buy this vevor or mophorn in the next day or so. With the threatened brown outs and the two full chest freezers we have(I live in my truck but my GF's house is on a farm) think I may need it sooner rather than later.
So what's the chance of the mophorn actually having a 95a charger in it? If it does will it just be an overclocked version of the 70a charger? If so will it be safe to run at 95a for extended periods of time?

Just had a look on amazon and the mophorn inverter that looks identical claims to have a 95a charger built in.
None of the listings iv seen state any more than 70-75 Amp charging.
Yes Aliexpress has started adding 10% on most order.
Even items under £15.
I ordered a few different BMS boards ranging from £60 up to £140 per order and they all had 10% (VAT) added to the order by Aliexpress.
They call it VAT but i doubt the UK tax man ever see's any of it.
I have placed an order for just under £400 from Aliexpress and they didn't add the 10% but i will be paying import tax (10%) and more than likely 20% VAT.
I have read some reviews about people buying from Vevor who end up paying Import Tax & VAT because the stock isn't in the UK.
I asked Vevor about import tax and they replied with a vague reply that tried to imply all taxes are included but when you look in their website they state that items imported Do Not include Taxes.
Your best bet is probably to pay the extra few pounds and buy it from Amazon if you can.

I'm going to wait a couple of days to hear back from the main retailer/manufacture in China.

For the extra £10 on amazon and the extra level of refund security I might get itsprobably worth it especially if I pay with PayPal. Probably going to wait till you here back from China. Not sure how much difference that will make but there may be something in it that makes me go for the star or solar star one, the £500 version that looks a lot more like the sterling one they all copy.
If it comes from the EU there shouldn't be import charges, something to do with politics that you may have heard off. Don't care, I just got a power steering pump from Germany that came from Italy for a French (Renault) truck made in Sweden and there was no import fee. That was 2 weeks ago, ordered Monday 11am arrived Thursday at 2:30pm.if it comes from China technically there should be vat import tax etc but like you say the tax man's not getting it.
I would pay the £500 asking price if I could find a 90a+ charger built in

I went for it late mo day night or early Tuesday morning. Should be arriving by the 1st of the month. Hopefully all will be good

I went for it late mo day night or early Tuesday morning. Should be arriving by the 1st of the month. Hopefully all will be good
I have had a couple of messages back and forth with the retailer/manufacture and i'm waiting for a price for this 3000W inverter and a price for the LED &/OR LCD remote panels. Sometimes it's like pulling teeth to get answers to simple questions. Or get prices for single orders.
You would think I was asking for state secrets. LOL
I will give it until next week. Otherwise i will be buying from one of the Amazon retailers.

If you are able to get a remote can you let me know? I take it that your thinking of buying direct from China.

If you are able to get a remote can you let me know? I take it that your thinking of buying direct from China.
Yes mate i will put up a link to the remote panel or share the contact details if this pans out. The manufacture is putting a sticker over the remote connection port, which says contact the retailer to purchase the remote panel.
So the manufacture clearly want to sell them.
It seems the sellers/retailers dont bother selling them?
I have asked the sellers on Amazon and Vevor but they are not interested in selling the remote panels.
That means we will have to buy them direct from the main retailer/manufacture in China.

I might buy the controller I linked to earlier if its the same port, for £10 I recon its worth trying. But I'm sure I read someplace the inverter doesn't have the plug for the romote to plug into, it has a hole where it should go behind the sticker but not the socket. When it's in my hands I will know more, its still not dispatched.

I might buy the controller I linked to earlier if its the same port, for £10 I recon its worth trying. But I'm sure I read someplace the inverter doesn't have the plug for the romote to plug into, it has a hole where it should go behind the sticker but not the socket. When it's in my hands I will know more, its still not dispatched.
Did you order from Amazon or Vevor?
I found a handy tracking website. Iv have got 8 or more items coming from China on different ship, planes and items that have already entered the UK. All with different delivery companies, that often changing to different companies once they enter the UK. https://www.parcelmonitor.com/track-it-online does a search of every delivery globally and you just enter all the different tracking numbers one after the next. Then leave the page open and refresh the page to track all your deliveries at the same time. It's better and more detailed than tracking Royal mail items, than the royal mail website. It will show when and where any item is scanned during the delivery process. There is a Show More Detail tab below each tracked item. It will show you when the items are actually shipped and where from, if you have a genuine tracking number. Sometimes i have to enter the China Post option myself from the drop down menu.

I ordered thru amazon and it would have arrived today but I wasn't in. Its getting redelivered tomorrow. So is another overkill solar bms that I will run parallel to the one I already have. Giving me 2x 4s 272ah lishen batteries that tested over 290ah. Hopefully that will give me enough power to run this inverter.
The tracking info never went live on amazon until today or I would have made sure I answered the phone and got them to leave it at the mailbox. I live 2 miles up a dirt track

Just tried the tracking link above and it turns out the inverter started out in the uk. Norton cranes, Staffordshire. Was the dispatch scan.

Just tried the tracking link above and it turns out the inverter started out in the uk. Norton cranes, Staffordshire. Was the dispatch scan.
Norton cranes, Staffordshire is an Amazon bulk warehouse that deals with retailers stock directly on pallets.
I would be grateful if you can let me know if the inverter does have the ports for the remote to plug in and the green plug for the auto generator start.

Back