diy solar

diy solar

Heavy duty busbar advice (+600A)

The specs look nice. Thanks for that link! Does anyone have any experience or insight into Dihool? I am nervous about breakers from an unknown company.
I only have experience with the ABB, not this brand. But It is a DC breaker, not much danger to expect in a 48v system.

That's funny, I was actually looking at it on Aliexpress :D 1660654973176.png

i think you are reffering to quite a different battery.
this would be the pusong system
I assume you saw what I referring to but never commented again. I would appreciate any wisdom you could offer about Seplos batteries, assuming you have some experience with them. I'm worried that I'll be spending more time dealing with battery issues than I really want to. Thanks!

I assume you saw what I referring to but never commented again. I would appreciate any wisdom you could offer about Seplos batteries, assuming you have some experience with them. I'm worried that I'll be spending more time dealing with battery issues than I really want to. Thanks!
what "wisdom" would you need ?
my expirience is rather limited to their bms and 280 kit thought ;)

I saw also in another post that many setups are parallel connected. I cant think of an advantage to do so, and the drawback is that if one battery or inverter fails it influences the other ones. Possibly I'm overlooking something. Thoughts?

I saw also in another post that many setups are parallel connected. I cant think of an advantage to do so, and the drawback is that if one battery or inverter fails it influences the other ones. Possibly I'm overlooking something. Thoughts?

You can't think of an advantage of parallel connecting batteries? :unsure:

I'm not sure how to respond to this?

How else would you connect multiple batterypacks to one or more inverters?

I see 3 inverters and 3 battery packs. Those could function independently. Still many choose to parallel this together. Wonder why.

Then the 3 batteries would run different SOC all the time and if one inverter failed I'd loose a battery too. If one inverter had a full battery but excess power, it couldn't feed into the other two.
I can think of 0 advantages of doing it like this

Then the 3 batteries would run different SOC all the time and if one inverter failed I'd loose a battery too. If one inverter had a full battery but excess power, it couldn't feed into the other two.
I can think of 0 advantages of doing it like this
Right makes sense, thanks.

Back