diy solar

diy solar

Hello from the Costa Del Fylde

V8Volvo245

Newbie here from the Fylde Coast. I've not got a motorhome yet- it's a purchase planned for about a year's time when we've paid the mortgage off but I'd like to get up to speed with solar so have joined early.
I'm planning on getting an Iveco 65 or similar as I'm old and so can drive up to 7.5 tonne. I'm guessing it will be 24V and am planning on building a system that can last a good amount of time off grid, provide sufficient power for the usual suspects and also cooking plus hot water but also be capable of being plugged in to shore power on occasion.
I'm probably going to go 48V for the battery pack. Luckily, as a forklift technician I frequently get length of used, high quality copper cable from the electric forklifts- so that will save a bit of cash for the main leads!
I'm intending on going all electric as LPG has too many problems for me to want to go there. I'm also interest in the idea of a recirculating shower but would love to hear from people who have gone in that direction (although I appreciate that this is out of the subject matter of this forum).
Anyway, hi to everyone and I look forward to learning from you all.

Back