diy solar

diy solar

Hello from the road

Turk

Just checking in. I have a 30-foot Classic Airstream travel trailer. My wife and I are on a 7-month adventure. We have 450 watts of solar with a Victron 100/30 controller. The weakest link is the two Lifeline batteries that do not provide enough power. That is why I am here, to learn about upgrading the system.

Hello on the road! For what it's worth, I improved my solar PV system immensely by switching from lead acid to lifepo batteries, I also series wired my solar panels for 24vdc instead of 12vdc and I changed my solar charge controller from the older style PWM controller to the new style, more efficient, MPPT Controller.

Just checking in. I have a 30-foot Classic Airstream travel trailer. My wife and I are on a 7-month adventure. We have 450 watts of solar with a Victron 100/30 controller. The weakest link is the two Lifeline batteries that do not provide enough power. That is why I am here, to learn about upgrading the system.
Welcome to our little corner of the Universe... There are many very knowledgeable enthusiasts here, you should be squared away in no time... But please do hang around after that!!

Turk, my moms side family name is Turk... small world.
Welcome!

Must be nice to travel like that. I once had a camper 33 feet with slide out; along with a lifted f150 with a few mods to handle. I’d like to be able to do this perhaps in the future too since I really don’t like the cold.

Back