diy solar

diy solar

Help me with my solar schematic? ***I'm completely green***

Thanks Maddy,

3/0 is a bit of a unicorn hey? I wonder why that is. I'll bump it to 4/0, couldn't hurt.

To whoever is interested, The electrical for our van has been battle tested through many different climates so far.

My family has been touring in it for about 3 months now. We travelled most of the American Pacific Coast and now are touring through the Midwest. I never ended up connecting shore power just to see whether it was something we needed or not. We've been relying completely on the 400W Solar and the 40AMP Onboard Battery Charger. Before finding sunshine we found we had to move pretty frequently to charge the battery but being in the Midwest (AZ, UT, NE) we haven't had to worry about power at all.

The system works really well and I'd just like to extend my thanks to everyone on this forum who made it possible. I honestly couldn't have done it without your help.

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you.

being in the Midwest (AZ, UT, NE)
That's the first time I've ever heard anyone refer to Arizona and Utah as "midwest". :)

I never ended up connecting shore power just to see whether it was something we needed or not. We've been relying completely on the 400W Solar and the 40AMP Onboard Battery Charger.
In the 5 months I've been living full time in my trailer I have plugged into shore power once for a couple of hours. That was in Virginia in early December after having no sun at all for 5 days and getting ready for another 5 days of no sun. The only camping spots I could find then had far too many trees in the way. I have no charging from my tow vehicle so the solar has been doing its job well.

The system works really well and I'd just like to extend my thanks to everyone on this forum who made it possible.
Great to hear. It's so nice to be able to go places many others can't. When I see people crammed into an RV park like sardines I'm so glad I don't have to do that too.

Back