diy solar

diy solar

Help with app for sma sunny boy

helene_dixon

My elderly dad has solar panels and I must confess I k ow nothing about it all but would like to help him.
He has sunny boy 2000hf and 15 years ago he had website that ‘talked’ to his invertor he could see his production however this stopped working a couple of years ago. Does anyone know how he can get another app or website to give him figures of his production. Someone said just buy a new invertor and that will have its own app but this will cost £600.

Any ideas or even anyone know what i am talking about lol

Thanks you

European model so I haven't encountered it.

Looks like it has a display, so can tell by looking at it if it works. So long as it says it is producing power, I would let it be. All that is missing is remote monitoring.

600 GBP doesn't buy much from SMA, wouldn't expect that to cover a new inverter much less installation.
I use some add-on monitoring equipment (Sunny Boy Control and Sunny Web Box), but at retail they cost about that much.

The only thing I think could be worthwhile is installing larger PV array and higher wattage inverter, if his consumption is high enough to need that.

Back