diy solar

diy solar

High voltage BMS suggestion

In that video there is a comment with an e-mail address. I asked for a price, and you get (as expected) eye watering numbers. Quick response though.
I think these 1S BMS are always a nice a idea, but I also think it will always be more expensive.
For example, in this case Orion is way cheaper and get to high numbers too.

For the high voltage battery without integration with the Inverter/Charger it will not work. I don't see any mentioning how these BMSs could integrate with a Invertor/Charger.
Your probably right, the specs say:

2x Programmable CANBUS Interfaces • CAN2.0B (11-bit and 29-bit IDs supported) • Independently operate at different baud rates • Fully customizable message formatting • Field upgradable firmware and settings using either CAN interface • One-click setup for many common chargers and inverters • ISO-15765 OBD2 protocol compatible • Compatible with CAN-Open and J1939

So it *says* it should work, dependingo n the charger/inverter. I'd like to know if they are compatible with solark 30k/60k for example

How much?
9500 dollar for 200 cells.

I mean, if you have to spent 30 to 50 dollar per cell, it adds up quickly.

But it makes more sense to buy some EV battery pack for that money and reuse the CAN bus infrastructure

9500 dollar for 200 cells.

I mean, if you have to spent 30 to 50 dollar per cell, it adds up quickly.

But it makes more sense to buy some EV battery pack for that money and reuse the CAN bus infrastructure
That is prohibitively expensive!
Almost at cost of commercial HV battery packs!

High Voltage is nice, lower current, heat, less chance for connection failure. BUT lots of obstacles. Building your own with code changes may not be
legal. Inverter availability, probably an obstacle.
I'm in the process of completing high voltage hybrid battery installation. Been at it for better than a year and am under 2017 NEC code, which gives me a little leeway. Here's some pictures, may help you.

Attachments

• 20220630_200729.jpg inverters.jpg
    20220630_200729.jpg inverters.jpg
    162.7 KB · Views: 26
  • 20230209_221101.jpg  BMS.jpg
    20230209_221101.jpg BMS.jpg
    212.3 KB · Views: 28
  • Photos-001.zip Battery.zip
    12.8 MB · Views: 11
High Voltage is nice, lower current, heat, less chance for connection failure. BUT lots of obstacles. Building your own with code changes may not be
legal. Inverter availability, probably an obstacle.
I'm in the process of completing high voltage hybrid battery installation. Been at it for better than a year and am under 2017 NEC code, which gives me a little leeway. Here's some pictures, may help you.
Hello @JJB how is the Reliability of your system? were you recomended to that BMS?

Back