diy solar

diy solar

Home Batery Backup Drawing Review

NGNERD

Hi
I already have a 30 amp transfer switch that I switch to during power outages. Outages are usually no more than a day, so I would like to stop using the 8k Generac gas for back up and make my own battrey back up. If outage goes more than a day I would like to recharge the battery with my smaller Honda generator, then once grid is back up keep them charged through the standard 110 outlet from the grid. If someone has time to review could you please let me know if there any obvious issues? My electrical experience is limited to a Battle Born and Victron 2k install in my camper last year which was successful thanks to members of this forum. Thank you for your time!

Attachments

• BATTERY BACK UP 010623 V1.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 17
I'm not an expert, but I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night. Looks like it is correct. Water pump is close to max continuous load of Samlex, although the Samlex does have a higher surge rating. You won't know until you try it if the inverter can run the water pump. Make sure other motors are not running when you start the water pump.

Note: Ideally you would want to charge the battery at 1,000 watts, which is 50% load on the generator, and 0.20C of the battery.

Back