diy solar

diy solar

Honda 70is stop start 2 wire needed

Fraser

Hi. I have a Honda 70is generator and Victron stuff with a cerbo gx.

I want to have my gen start and stop automatically using the cerbo. I find that I need a 2 wire stop start gen.

Trying to find something that makes this work is proving difficult here in uk. I have found something that is some sort of ATS module that has 2 wires off it. Not sure if this would work?

Any info of where to buy the thing that connects to the 8 pin socket that turns this thing into a 2 wire start would be amazing.

Many thanks in advance

Fraser

Hi. I have a Honda 70is generator and Victron stuff with a cerbo gx.

I want to have my gen start and stop automatically using the cerbo. I find that I need a 2 wire stop start gen.

Trying to find something that makes this work is proving difficult here in uk. I have found something that is some sort of ATS module that has 2 wires off it. Not sure if this would work?

Any info of where to buy the thing that connects to the 8 pin socket that turns this thing into a 2 wire start would be amazing.

Many thanks in advance

Fraser
Hi Fraser, I’m looking for the same thing. My Honda is a 7000 is with Bluetooth and I can’t find a way to connect it to the Cerbo GX. I’ve tried the Victron forum and here. So far, no luck.

I'm also trying to skin this same cat. I have a 7000is (not bluetooth) and have been looking for kits to make it remote start from the Cerbo GX but not finding anything inspiring so far.

Was thinking about the Honda 70is since it has two wire remote start capability built in. I would have assumed you would just connect two wires from the Cerbo GX into the two wire panel of the 70is and program the Cerbo when to start the unit, is that not the case? It appears only relay 1 from the Cerbo GX can be used (but that relay has space for two wires).

Victron says:

Firstly, wire the relay to a genset. The relay is located on the back of the Cerbo GX - marked Relay. If using a Cerbo GX, two relays will be seen at the bottom of the unit - only Relay 1 can be used for the generator automatic start/stop functionality.

Wiring between the Cerbo GX/Cerbo GX needs to be 'permanent' in order for the generator to keep running; and also to allow automatic 'Stop' when the parameters for auto-stop have been met.

Besides driving the internal relay, the auto start/stop functionality can be also enabled to directly control supported Fischer Panda generators. For more information on how to connect Fischer Panda generators, see Cerbo GX & Fischer Panda generators.

There are many variations on the generator side for wiring and you should also consult your generator manual or supplier regarding their remote wire start configuration.

It seems the Cerbo GX will work with a "two wire" remote panel as discussed in this thread (with you, so you don't need me to point it out to you) but for anybody else reading:

Fraser, did you ever hook this up and confirm it works with the EU70is?

Last edited:
Back