diy solar

diy solar

hot air blower

e67

I need something like a hair dryer/heat gun with a snout that you can attach a 2 ft hose to...1/4 inch plastic hose, to set on medium and leave for hours and blow warm air into a 1 inch water line underground...not under high pressure but some pressure forward out of the gun... anyone know something like this??

I don't know of anything like this, but I am curious what it is for...??

Hmmm, I'm also curious what the intended use is.
Seems like a SAI (secondary air injection pump) might fit the bill with some modifications.

Or something like this or even a fish tank air pump inside a 'hot box'

to thaw a long freeze plug which could be 2-25 ft/ long, maybe more, in a 1 inch poly underground water line. I have been doing the water flush thing but no luck so far... I am afraid when it thaws naturally in April/May it might pop the pipe. Digging a new line would be a big money hit...
I don't have a back hoe and I would dig to 7 ft this time.

If this is a frozen underground water pipe and the earth around the pipe is still frozen, then you have zero chance of defrosting it with air. Water is like 70 times heavier than air.

You need to pump warm water into the pipe.

Shove your 1/4 inch line into the pipe and hook it up to a jug of Propylene Glycol. Propylene glycol is food safe and will melt ice better than salt will.

another thing.....I might move the water line completely this summer to avoid this trouble again. I would dig an 7 ft deep trench about 65 ft straight. I would prefer to get a jack hammer and do it by hand. Backhoes are 100$ an hour now.Ridiculous.
It would go under a footing at one point but should be ok. It would come up outside of the inside of the house but that section would have heat tape on it. I can't go under the slab now. No way.How long do you think it would take me by hand and have you ever done a trench that deep..?

another thing.....I might move the water line completely this summer to avoid this trouble again. I would dig an 7 ft deep trench about 65 ft straight. I would prefer to get a jack hammer and do it by hand. Backhoes are 100$ an hour now.Ridiculous.
It would go under a footing at one point but should be ok. It would come up outside of the inside of the house but that section would have heat tape on it. I can't go under the slab now. No way.How long do you think it would take me by hand and have you ever done a trench that deep..?
Did you price out a rental on a mini ex vs a backhoe? I would never consider it by hand... Hydraulics make life so much easier, my 'soil' is also terrible.

Attachments

• IMG_20190914_162223.jpg
    IMG_20190914_162223.jpg
    221.9 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_20190915_183246__01.jpg
    IMG_20190915_183246__01.jpg
    266.9 KB · Views: 2
Back