diy solar

diy solar

House usage

Stratto

Hi again newbie power generated is the same as used and nothing to grid so basically I am using all my produced my question is. Now the battery is fully charged the battery is now discharging until it uses its storage then it will start charging again now I am pulling from the grid is that how it works. I guess it will depend also on what the PV is producing. It shows total imported from grid 1kw and house usage consumption 1kw so I reckon it’s correct as imported = consumption as if I am using all produced I am not consuming hope that makes sense. Help appreciated still learning.

Without knowing the specifics of your system, the thought that comes to mind is that you don't have a float voltage set for the system as many think float is not needed for LFP batteries. That's only true in storage. In operation, the battery needs a float voltage to serve as the discharge floor to encourage the MPPT to keep the battery fully charged.

Some battery manufacturers incorrectly state float to be the same as absorption. Some inverters get wonky if both absorption and float are the same value. Absorption is typically 3.45-3.60V/cell and float is typically at 3.375V/cell.

Back