diy solar

diy solar

How big of a solar panel array do you guys call adaquate?

Lots going on.
Ground mounts may be quicker easier way to go, if there is space available in open area. - just a suggestion.
If I were you, I would get some wood and duck bill anchors and get some of those 100 pv panels out in the sun pronto, get them collecting something and cut that monthly elect billing down.
then later you can work at getting them into a more final location, or what ya need to do. Having cells, inverters and PV but not connected is not getting ya anywhere today. just saying. hope it works out for you.

Ya it is. I didn't want my brother going and getting a solar installer but he wanted a professional putting it up.
Well dude has apparently ripped him off and many others. State police, sherriffs department, FBI etc won't touch it. Even contacted the state attorneys office.
This guy has done this to many people all over the state and we know he's in other states as well.
He says that the install is gonna be 40k and needs half the money up front to buy supplies. Bank gives the guy half the money. He sends a guy out to pour a 3x4 pad of concrete for a penny and leaves. Dude who mixed it and poured it never got paid.
He sends out some guys to build the wooden structure for the panels. They just basically set some posts and left.
Every week was telling my brother he's going to be out there Monday or a Thursday and will be starting on it. Just waiting on a couple supplies to come in.

Never has done anything

They say since he did some work it has become a civil matter. Doesn't matter how little of work he did.
Lawyer says that you can pay him 8000 to sue him but more than likely your never getting anything out of him. Would be just throwing your money away.

The guy has been arrested before for fraud and writing bad Checks. He's set up his office in Wyoming while he's scamming people in Ohio, Kentucky, Tennessee, Alabama, Texas and Florida that we have found out.

He was scamming on investing in oil wells. Got caught doing that.

This is how sorry the legal system is. I told my brother to sue the bank or declare bankruptcy and stop paying the bank. The bank is the one who give him the money

Just walk it up. Here 25KW is gonna be plenty. Places not so sunny, not so much. Adding panels decreases time to fill batteries to 100% If your sunlight is very sporadic you will want more panels. More around percentile than average. I need a slight panel increase, and double the batteries. You get the feel after a while. More panels improve recovery time, more battery improves down time.

I'd say it is your brother's problem, hopefully he was the only who signed the agreement. He can pay the bank back if they push the issue.

I wouldn't sign any agreement until my lawyer read it and I had done my homework about whether the entity was legit.

I know it sounds harsh and who would treat family like that but as adults we make decisions and are expected to live with those decisions. Yes, my own children are expected to live with the consequences of their decisions, I think that made them some really great adults and I'm very proud of them for this reason.

One might be able to use the loan to an advantage if the bank cooperates. Use the remainder of the loan to purchase materials and finish an install, make your brother work his rear off for his mistake and he puts in more sweat equity than anyone else. Labor and margin on materials can be upwards of 50% of a commercial install so you might be able to fix this problem.

If you are sitting on panels right now and you can get some up, then do a temporary install if nothing else. Takes some wire, lean against the south edge of building and you have a MPPT available so use it.

Eventually things will get sorted out. I always looked at any setback in business or personal life as an opportunity and it has always turned out for the better long term. Things happen for a reason and create those opportunities. Is the road always easy? No, sometime it is extremely hard. Keep the vision.

Back