diy solar

diy solar

How can Current Connected improve?

It would be different if UPS and FedEx were doing a good job on shipping. They most certainly aren't.
I believe it depends on location and the driver.

I've met my FedEx and UPS drivers and chatted with them a few times, both have asked if I have a preferred location they leave stuff at. The UPS guy (terrible with names) was pretty interested in the solar build.
Normally they are both in a hurry to drop and go since I'm towards the end of the route, I would be too if I were delivering. I appreciate how well their right foot works once they get back on the pavement...
I've only had a handful of issues with each service and I can't blame that on the driver or shipping company, rather the terrible packaging. The worst was the shelving unit dropped in the driveway and covered in snow, honestly I would have done the same thing given the conditions that day.

I can't remember who delivered the 12V SOKs I ordered from Current Connected but they stacked them nicely under the garage door overhang. They were packaged so well they could have been thrown from the truck while the driver ripped a donut in the driveway and they wouldn't have been damaged.

Since Fed-Ex is such a screw up company these days (excluding Fed-Ex Air which seems great), I'd suggest individually labeling every box on a pallet, ideally with a box count on each such as "Box 1 of 9 for Kevin N. Carpenter". Perhaps that would help them locate missing boxes...

Back in my previous life when I would often get orders of 80 boxes or s form China, that saved my butt a time or two. "Look, the invoice shows 80 boxes, there are only 72. Note that boxes 37, 42... are missing" "Oh... yeah... but my loaded told me everything was loaded..." "Ah... shall we count them again?" (Real life example)

Since Fed-Ex is such a screw up company these days (excluding Fed-Ex Air which seems great), I'd suggest individually labeling every box on a pallet, ideally with a box count on each such as "Box 1 of 9 for Kevin N. Carpenter". Perhaps that would help them locate missing boxes...

Back in my previous life when I would often get orders of 80 boxes or s form China, that saved my butt a time or two. "Look, the invoice shows 80 boxes, there are only 72. Note that boxes 37, 42... are missing" "Oh... yeah... but my loaded told me everything was loaded..." "Ah... shall we count them again?" (Real life example)
Our warehouse team is instructed to do this. There is also a spot on the packing list that they can write which box number the item was packed in, since some customers claimed an item was missing when it was in fact packed, just in a different box on the pallet.

Our warehouse team is instructed to do this. There is also a spot on the packing list that they can write which box number the item was packed in, since some customers claimed an item was missing when it was in fact packed, just in a different box on the pallet.
You need to offer a door to door delivery service for those people. Concierge service for the discriminating customer.

My Misc. cable box was marked, the SOK batteries were not. Inverter boxes are unknown until Fed-Ex finds them. Being plastic wrapped, the rack was not either. Packing list location was blank.

Packing for Dexter.jpg

Last edited:
For the MidNite Solar breakers listed on your site, the mounting method is different in the title versus the specification section. I think I've seen this for more than the one pictured below. In the case of the one pictured, the title is correct and agrees with what MidNite Solar says on their web page.

1719462364936.png

1719462461071.png

When submitting a question on a product page, there's no feedback that the question was accepted. This was on the Lynx CNN fuse page.

diy solar

diy solar
Back