diy solar

diy solar

How do I know if two SOK rack batteries are communicating?

reader2580

I have two SOK 48 volt batteries and I connected a standard Ethernet cable between RS485B on one and the C port on the other. I did set the dip switches with the two batteries powered off. How do I know if the batteries are actually communicating? All the manual says is to only connect them if using a communicating inverter. I intend to hook up the CAN bus connection from my Cerbo GX tomorrow.

I have two SOK 48 volt batteries and I connected a standard Ethernet cable between RS485B on one and the C port on the other. I did set the dip switches with the two batteries powered off. How do I know if the batteries are actually communicating? All the manual says is to only connect them if using a communicating inverter. I intend to hook up the CAN bus connection from my Cerbo GX tomorrow.
You can check thru PBMS tools. Connect to master, then both should appear in the software.

Thanks. I'll have to get the tools working. I misplaced the PC communications cable I bought from Current Connected so I need to find that first.

Thanks. I'll have to get the tools working. I misplaced the PC communications cable I bought from Current Connected so I need to find that first.
Yes. You should keep that cable. Its very handy when it comes to tinkering with the battery.

When you connect to your Cerbo, you will see in the parameters option that you have 95a per battery added to your charge/discharge limits...so you would expect to see a 190a limit.

Back