diy solar

diy solar

How Dumb is a Smart Meter ?

Texican

Solar Enthusiast
Over the years I have heard many stories from people complaining about their smart meters. everything from my bill went way up, my data is wrong, and the radio waves will kill you.
After seeing this data, I have to wonder about how these meters can come up with some of this data

On Oct 5 at 2am, lightning burned an outbuilding on my property to the ground. The electric meter was attached to the building and was also totally destroyed. Oncor came an hour later, about 3am and disconnected power at the street. We had no grid power for about 34 days and relied on our off grid solar system.

In looking at my electric bill, I am seeing usage from Oct 5 thru oct 10, which is impossible.
the yellow bars are what my gridtie sent out to the grid, of course it correctly stops after Oct 4

I also see the hourly data for each of these 5 bogus days are almost identical in pattern.

I was billed for this bogus usage.
this is from reliant showing an average of about 15 kwh per day between oct 5-10

elec1.jpg

here is a sample day from smart meter texas showing the per hour usage on one of the days in question. All 5 days have a very similar pattern

elec2.jpg

Not sure I have the time or patience to call and try to get an answer on why this bogus data exists,

The monthly chart is showing about 12-13kw for 10/8, yet your daily chart for that day is showing much less. About 4kw at best? Their reporting is screwy for sure. I think it would be worth it to call them and have this fixed. Even if just for the savings going forward.

Over the years I have heard many stories from people complaining about their smart meters. everything from my bill went way up, my data is wrong, and the radio waves will kill you.
After seeing this data, I have to wonder about how these meters can come up with some of this data

On Oct 5 at 2am, lightning burned an outbuilding on my property to the ground. The electric meter was attached to the building and was also totally destroyed. Oncor came an hour later, about 3am and disconnected power at the street. We had no grid power for about 34 days and relied on our off grid solar system.

In looking at my electric bill, I am seeing usage from Oct 5 thru oct 10, which is impossible.
the yellow bars are what my gridtie sent out to the grid, of course it correctly stops after Oct 4

I also see the hourly data for each of these 5 bogus days are almost identical in pattern.

I was billed for this bogus usage.
this is from reliant showing an average of about 15 kwh per day between oct 5-10

View attachment 182099

here is a sample day from smart meter texas showing the per hour usage on one of the days in question. All 5 days have a very similar pattern

View attachment 182100

Not sure I have the time or patience to call and try to get an answer on why this bogus data exists,
Smart meter = very smart meter...
makes money from thin air.?

Back