diy solar

diy solar

How or Can Solar charge my new 82v mower.

Thank you. A great load of information and makes me excited to look into it even more.

What are some thoughts?

I was looking into 2 different options to implement this. One on the "cheaper" end and one not as much.

My goals: I want to charge the mower solely on solar (invertor into battery charged by solar), but I also wouldn't mind powering my shed with the same solar. Power my outlets (trickle charger for kids toys), led bulbs for light and occasionally I run power tools in there too (circular saw, 110v compressor...) via a sub panel (not just have it plugged into inverter) . Is there an option to run these devices on solar/battery until it is depleted (yes the ATS will do this) and go to grid power afterwards, but allow the mower battery to NEVER draw from grid power, but have the subpanel on grid/battery?

Option 1: Moes ATS with some panels to a battery and then an inverter hooked to the battery for mower, but allow the rest of the barn be solar/grid.

Option 2: Kind of future proofing. (I'm looking into doing a slightly bigger setup and offsetting the entire house, but to expensive to do all of it) Doing a 48v AIO ( https://watts247.com/product/pip-3048lv-mk/ ) real good price in my opinion. I know its smaller size (big enough for my shed/mower), but I can expand from that. Adding another in the future would allow me to do 2 phase too, and 6k would probably be the largest I'd go for now.

Victron inverters have 2 outputs so you can program one to work only sometimes depending on logic, but idk if victron makes sense as its expensive

If no other options you can easily automate it with smart home tech like homeassistant. a simple 15a smartswitch and logic to only turn on when batteries are charging or at x percent. Would be cool to have it charge the mower when batteries are like 80% then you're basically using excess solar to charge

Having started look into something similar, do you know the cell chemistry and number of cells of your mower? Mine is also 82V (cramer) but not sure about chemistry and number of cells

Back