diy solar

diy solar

How to charge lithium battery at home

johnny5

Bought a 100ah lithium battery (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B084DB36KW/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1) for my camper van build, but it's been sitting around for 3 weeks now since it was delivered. I just realized I am supposed to always keep it charged? How can I do this at home when the camper van's electrical system is not yet complete? I googled searched quickly and am not understanding what I need to do. Can someone dumb it down for me and tell me exactly what I need to do to keep this battery charged until I can finished the van's electrical system and install it? Hopefully something that does not involve buying any more special equipment! I have a trickle charger but apparently that's not good enough.

No need for full charge like lead-acid. Actually better to leave LFP at some middle charge level while in storage. Measure and post the current voltage.

Well that might make it easy. I should have my electrical system up an running in another week or so, just didn't want to do any long term damage to the battery capacity by not charging it. Just bought dad a Goal Zero Yeti for his birthday and that says to keep it plugged in at all times when not using it (ideally) to keep it at or near 100%, so it got me thinking about my battery. Mine's sitting at 31.09v right now

I assume that is 13.09 and is at the low end of normal but is fine while you complete the rest of your systems install.

Oops, haha yes 13v not 31! Ok cool, that puts my mind at ease. I'll just hurry up and build quickly :) thanks

Back