diy solar

diy solar

EVSE to Sigineer to Charge Home Batteries

You need something like this to tell the EVSE to close it's internal relay and provide power.
Then you could plug the chargeverter or whatever into the outlet at the end to charge the house bank.

I appreciate that. I ordered a cable from them to try.
Looks like the SUSUTOO adapter I was using maxed at 15 amps, and the inverter pulls a minimum of 15 amps, so it was popping things angrily.
Should have the new cable in the mail in the next couple of weeks and can update when it comes in if it works, or if I still need the chargeverter to bypass my inverter.

I appreciate that. I ordered a cable from them to try.
Looks like the SUSUTOO adapter I was using maxed at 15 amps, and the inverter pulls a minimum of 15 amps, so it was popping things angrily.
yeah verily

Should have the new cable in the mail in the next couple of weeks and can update when it comes in if it works,
I think you got the wings and are ready to fly

or if I still need the chargeverter to bypass my inverter.
no need. with cheap priced grid input power that 15k will work for you

again, with that EV reduced rate, this will sweeten your pot. very nice

Yes it is.
Sorry then I am slow.

So the EVSE is on your house being fed by the grid. You want to get power from it to charge your battery system. But not use the grid.

That doesn't really make sense.

Is it that the EVSE is on a separate meter? If so just wire to the input side of the EVSE. Same result, less stuff to buy. Same usage pattern if the utility checks.

Sorry then I am slow.

So the EVSE is on your house being fed by the grid. You want to get power from it to charge your battery system. But not use the grid.

That doesn't really make sense.

Is it that the EVSE is on a separate meter? If so just wire to the input side of the EVSE. Same result, less stuff to buy. Same usage pattern if the utility checks.
I want to use the EVSE from the grid to power the batteries during specific hours where it costs less to do so. The program utilizes the chargers internal reporting for the amount of power used to charge a battery powered device.

In order for the EVSE to begin charging it needs a J1772 adapter to perform the handshake to tell it to begin charging.

one question

how are you handling the N=G bond?
I missed this message.
So I think that may be part of my issue currently, I was not aware of a bond issue with this inverter.

So I got the cable in, tried it, and it caused my EVSE to through a GFI error still.

Back