diy solar

diy solar

How to connect solar panel to non solar inverter charger.

Panel details 24volt 350 Wats 8.98 amps = 2 numbers - decided to install

Existing equipments asper below list

Inverter/charger details 1000wats
Battery details 12 volt 150 ah =2 numbers

Ahh.
In that case, I would tie your battery bank into a decent MPPT charge controller and feed your solar into that.
you will need a CC with at least 60 amps output 12v or 30 amps output 24v

How about victron mppt, is it suitable for this type of system.

Also I want to know if am using 350wats with 4 numbers of panel 24volt 8.98amp how many battery require.

Also I want to know if am using 350wats with 4 numbers of panel 24volt 8.98amp how many battery require.
Victron makes some excellent controllers, jus be sure you get one that can handle the watts your panels can produce at the voltage your batteries will need.

I want to know is there any calculation on battery bank.

Mean if am using 350 Wats =4 number of panel total 1400wats with 24volt total 35.6amps.

Is there required minimum batteries.

The solar quantity is not how you decide the amount of batteries. The intended load is that.

in other words...
You need to know what you will be running off the batteries. How many watts they need, and for how long.

a simple way to find this is with a watt meter. Hook up the loads you need to run, and run them normally for a few days.
The meter will add up he watts used, and break down the watt hours consumed per day.
Then with a known need, you can add up the number of batteries you need to supply it.

if you can’t get a watt meter, you could manually add up the devices you need to run, then estimate how long each load will operate per day.

a small refrigerator pulls around 200 watts, but it only runs 3 or 4 hours a day, depending on how much the door is opened and how warm a room it is placed in.
Say 200 watts x 4 hours a day, that adds up to 800Wh per day. So for just that fridge, you need a battery with 800Wh, or at 12v, 67Ah battery.

then when you know the daily usage, you need to know the reserve capacity.
Solar is not a 24/7-365 output... it only puts out is clear sunny days, and only during the day... so figure how many days you could be without solar, and multiply the needed WH times the outage days... this will tell you how big a battery bank you need.

Once you add up all the wh you will need, you figure how much sun you will have. Average is 5 hours a day...
So, your 700 watts, times 5 hours is 3500Wh of output... in those 5 hours.
The most the solar can fill is 3500wh of battery use...
next you need to know the depth of discharge your chosen batteries can use... sealed lead acid has a dod of 50%, so 3500wh solar will fill a depleted 7000wh/600Ah at 12v battery in 5 hours...

The solar quantity is not how you decide the amount of batteries. The intended load is that.

in other words...
You need to know what you will be running off the batteries. How many watts they need, and for how long.

a simple way to find this is with a watt meter. Hook up the loads you need to run, and run them normally for a few days.
The meter will add up he watts used, and break down the watt hours consumed per day.
Then with a known need, you can add up the number of batteries you need to supply it.

if you can’t get a watt meter, you could manually add up the devices you need to run, then estimate how long each load will operate per day.

a small refrigerator pulls around 200 watts, but it only runs 3 or 4 hours a day, depending on how much the door is opened and how warm a room it is placed in.
Say 200 watts x 4 hours a day, that adds up to 800Wh per day. So for just that fridge, you need a battery with 800Wh, or at 12v, 67Ah battery.
Thank you for the information

Hello

I have 2 different types of solar panel I want to combine both types below are the details.

Type 1= 80 watts 2 numbers
Voc= 21.6v
Isc= 5.15A
Vpm=17.3V
Ipm=4.63A

Type 2=60 watts 2 numbers

Voc= 21.2v
Isc= 4.14A
Vpm=16.5V
Ipm=3.64A

I want to use mppt 100/20 victron.

My existing inverter / charger enabled with PWM I want to connect new MPPT to PWM because it's connected to inverter.

Can you help me how to connect MPPT to PWM

Back