diy solar

diy solar

How To Install JBD 7s-20s 200A

raptureinc88

Can anyone tell me where I can find resources that help me with the installation of my new JBD 7s-20s 200A BMS?

I have 16 280AH cells from Docan. I would like to se this BMS up to the cells but I’m unsure of how to go about it because there are no instructions.

Thank you I’m advanced!image.jpgimage.jpg

Reading the instructions is not really the easiest, but these are from jbd. Once you get the hang of it, it makes sense. I still managed to mix up the balance leads a couple times before I got it right.
jbd 16s wiring.jpgmmexport1648091065439.jpg

Thank you for the reply! Do you happen to have a full pdf of these instructions? Is there more to this document?
They did send this now that I've gone through more of my conversation with JBD.
I think the wiring is on page 13. Then on page 14 it tells you which balance leads to connect together into one connection on a terminal or however you decide to do it.
So the big blue B- will go to the battery negative. (Mine goes to my shunt, shunt goes to the negative). Then from the bigger white balance lead plug, the first little wire (black 24awg) goes to the first negative (same negative that the b- went to). Then the next white will go to the first positive on that same first cell as you just put the black negative to. Follow the instructions after that to the 14th balance lead. Put the 14-18 together (I put all in one ring connection and crimped). Once you have them all connected, go through with a multimeter and make sure they step up the voltages in order. 3.2-6.4-9.6, ect to 51v. If it goes in order, you've wired it correctly. I also ring connectioned my last 2 red wires together on the last positive terminal.
My ring connectors were for 16-22 awg wires, so I just bent the end of the leads once and then crimped. It has worked so far with no issues.

Attachments

• JBD AP20S0035.pdf
    935.5 KB · Views: 246
I wonder was the function of the relay?

- Is it to disconnect the load when the battery is too low, or​
- Is it to disconnect the charging when the battery is charged?​
- Or is it only for emergency?​
Does a static relay would be a better option?
I think it would make more sense to have two separate relays,
because if the battery is too low, then disconnection the load is good,
but the battery cannot be charged then?

Also when disconnecting and reconnecting the load, is there a control to stop or restart the Inverter,
and does a pre-charge resistor is used to charge the input of the Inverter before connecting the inverter?
And is there any delay then before having the load connected, like when restarting a compressor.

I am new to the FIY Forum, so I might not know too much about BMS, but I was under the impression
that a SCC and an Inverter should be shut down before disconnecting a battery,
and likewise the battery should be first connected before staring a SCC or an Inverter, and then a load can be turned on?

Anyway, I would recommend watching some of the video from "Off-Grid Garage" dealing with the JK BMS.

Last edited:
They did send this now that I've gone through more of my conversation with JBD.
I think the wiring is on page 13. Then on page 14 it tells you which balance leads to connect together into one connection on a terminal or however you decide to do it.
So the big blue B- will go to the battery negative. (Mine goes to my shunt, shunt goes to the negative). Then from the bigger white balance lead plug, the first little wire (black 24awg) goes to the first negative (same negative that the b- went to). Then the next white will go to the first positive on that same first cell as you just put the black negative to. Follow the instructions after that to the 14th balance lead. Put the 14-18 together (I put all in one ring connection and crimped). Once you have them all connected, go through with a multimeter and make sure they step up the voltages in order. 3.2-6.4-9.6, ect to 51v. If it goes in order, you've wired it correctly. I also ring connectioned my last 2 red wires together on the last positive terminal.
My ring connectors were for 16-22 awg wires, so I just bent the end of the leads once and then crimped. It has worked so far with no issues.
I truly appreciate the detailed explanation! Is there any way we could connect on Facebook or maybe I could do a video call or something if I’m stuck? I don’t want to mess this up haha. These things are expensive.

I truly appreciate the detailed explanation! Is there any way we could connect on Facebook or maybe I could do a video call or something if I’m stuck? I don’t want to mess this up haha. These things are expensive.
It took me quite awhile to figure it all out, but I really just needed it explained in a way I could understand it. Pm me if you need more help and we can work out a way to connect.

No there is no shunt (battery monitor) included. Your picture is a fuse.
There is an app for the BMS. Do you have an iPhone or Android?

I have an iPhone

I don't have an iPhone, but try this.

I don't have an iPhone, but try this.
Thanks it looks like that is going to work for my phone. Do you know how I would attach that fuse that comes with the bms?

It requires a proper fuse holder. Mine came with those fuses too, but in a 48V high amp system you really don't want to use ANL fuses from what I have read. Should use class T.

I'll just be putting them in my junk box of excess crap that I'll probably never need, just in case I ever do actually have a use for such a thing.

I didn't use that fuse for anything yet. I have class-t fuses which are (from my reading here) better with lifepo4 for reasons I read about, but probably can't explain. ?

Do you guys have a shunt you recommend?
I took a chance with the vendor that used to be on here, for junctek (funny name I know). Initially I had some issues, but then I contacted the vendor and there were firmware updates that I didn't know about that fixed the issues. Now it seems to be pretty cool and isn't too expensive.
It's a kg140F. $55 on AliExpress and the vendor is super responsive to help with issues. lee@junteks.com is my contact.

I took a chance with the vendor that used to be on here, for junctek (funny name I know). Initially I had some issues, but then I contacted the vendor and there were firmware updates that I didn't know about that fixed the issues. Now it seems to be pretty cool and isn't too expensive.
It's a kg140F. $55 on AliExpress and the vendor is super responsive to help with issues. lee@junteks.com

Awesome thank you for that. Is there a reason why I should have a lower or higher amperage BMS? Why is it good or bad to have a 200amp BMS?

Awesome thank you for that. Is there a reason why I should have a lower or higher amperage BMS? Why is it good or bad to have a 200amp BMS?
I figured that the lifepo4 have a discharge rate of up to .5c, which for the 280k's would be 140 amp. My inverter could only do 125 amp. There was no 150 smart BMS I could find at the time for a reasonable price, so I went with the 200. I just didn't want to bottle neck at the bms with a 100 or 120 amp.
Edit: I also figured the 200 amp would be more robust.
The only bad thing so far I've found is the bigger BMS doesn't seem to register amps between -2 and 2. I've seen another video with a smaller BMS that did register lower amperage. Now that I have the junctek monitor I can see everything, so it's not a big deal anymore.

Back