diy solar

diy solar

How to mount panels that aren't flat

justinm001

Solar Addict
On my RV I have my panels at a decent angle where its attached on one side then I have threaded rod in the middle where it attaches to connected to angle aluminum secured to the panels. Works great with only one side of the panels but I'm not sure how to attach it so I can have solar on both sides with the same angle. This angle works great for performance and I have the height so want to keep it.

As i rebuild this I'm replacing the panels with 320w and using superstruts to secure them but I have no idea how to build the top part. Ideally I'd use a superstrut screwed into the threaded rods that'll use brackets to secure panels on either side. Maybe I need something to go on top of the angle and across the 35ft so it would secure them all together? I'd want some way to remove panels and ideally be able to remove any panel from the side so i didn't need to disassemble the entire array just to access an AC. Any ideas???

20230924_155711.jpgorg_cda91f26d73ecefd_1694879870000~2.jpg

Hinge them at the top snd create a way to articulate the height on the lower edge.

Or just do it symmetrical and fixed- you will get less output from whatever size is suboptimal but you’ll be surprised how much you actually will receive from atmospheric reflection.

Back