diy solar

diy solar

How to wake up a non responsive Daly BMS? (Tried every suggestion on this forum)

katja1011

I have 4 Daly 250 smart BMS’es, monitoring my 4P8S LiFePO4 house bank. Until a week ago, they never gave me issues but now, 1 of the Daly’s seems ‘frozen’. The charge and discharge mosfets are tripped off and the BMS does not listen to app commands. No fault alarms, allthough 1 week before, I got a low temp alarm as the temp sensor in this unit was loose. Reconnecting fixed that issue, until it got completely stuck 1 week later.
The other 3 Daly’s are still working fine….
I more or less tried everything I could find in the treads on this super helpful forum: connect P- to B-, reset it by removing the balance lead plug, removed the BT plug, put a charge on it, even installed the SBT app to replace the Smart BMS app. To no avail.
Connections and nut tightness have been checked and double checked and are all okay.
Does anybody have any idea what I could do to solve this?

Attachments

• 07856E8E-CC83-4D4B-8B75-6285E6B89029.png
    07856E8E-CC83-4D4B-8B75-6285E6B89029.png
    512.7 KB · Views: 11
  • CF327CF9-793C-4153-8BE7-6AE3E7F940EC.jpeg
    CF327CF9-793C-4153-8BE7-6AE3E7F940EC.jpeg
    207.7 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
I have 4 Daly 250 smart BMS’es, monitoring my 4P8S LiFePO4 house bank. Until a week ago, they never gave me issues but now, 1 of the Daly’s seems ‘frozen’. The charge and discharge mosfets are tripped off and the BMS does not listen to app commands. No fault alarms, allthough 1 week before, I got a low temp alarm as the temp sensor in this unit was loose. Reconnecting fixed that issue, until it got completely stuck 1 week later.
The other 3 Daly’s are still working fine….
I more or less tried everything I could find in the treads on this super helpful forum: connect P- to B-, reset it by removing the balance lead plug, removed the BT plug, put a charge on it, even installed the SBT app to replace the Smart BMS app. To no avail.
Connections and nut tightness have been checked and double checked and are all okay.
Does anybody have any idea what I could do to solve this?
try connecting it to a pc tru a uart cable. and see if you can reset it from there.

another option might be to leave it disconnected for some hours

Back