diy solar

diy solar

Huge neutral current on enphase installation(s)

brechtbruneel

Hi Guys,

Looking for some brains who could help me out!
We have installed a PV installations with enphase iq7A.
We have a total of 232 pv panels connected to 7 3ph Qrelais.
We have 4 Qrelais with 2 x 17 panels (34) and 3 Qrelais with 2 x 16 panels (32) connected.
The problem is that in Belgium we may not have more than 5000w difference between two phases.
For that reason our electrical cabinet has a unbalance safety system by measuring the current over the N conductor.
Now, when we startup our pv installation we get following results:

L1: 71,6A
L2: 70,6A
L3: 73,8A
N: 66A

So we have some inballance between the phases, who could create a neutral current, but 66A is crazy.

Someone else who had this problem allready or an declaration who could cause this hight neutral current?

Thanks in advance,,

Brecht

I assume those currents are your exported energy?

I'm not familiar at all with the equipment you have deployed, but could harmonic distortion be why the N current is much higher than the expected value, based on the difference of your phase connections?

That's a huge system... is it an office? Do you have a lot of switched mode PSU's in use? If so, what happens if all load equipment is turned off and you are measuring just the PV output?

edited to add: I just deleted my last para, as if that were the case, you would have had the same issue before the PV installation - sorry.

Back