diy solar

diy solar

hybrid inverter

ddaky

Last edited:
Your first link shows a grid tie/off grid inverter. So yes it can parallel with grid and share loads depending on settings and availability of PV/battery. Be aware that it may need utility company approval and pass inspection. Hybrid is a bit of a indeterminate term. It can applied to both grid tie and strictly off grid AIO's. It simply means that the AIO makes use of the grid plus PV/batt. Off grid AIOs sometimes are called grid assist as they do not parallel with grid but act like a UPS (Uninterruptible Power Supply) to maintain power.

Your first link shows a grid tie/off grid inverter. So yes it can parallel with grid and share loads depending on settings and availability of PV/battery. Be aware that it may need utility company approval and pass inspection. Hybrid is a bit of a indeterminate term. It can applied to both grid tie and strictly off grid AIO's. It simply means that the AIO makes use of the grid plus PV/batt. Off grid AIOs sometimes are called grid assist as they do not parallel with grid but act like a UPS (Uninterruptible Power Supply) to maintain power.
thanks for reply....after a litle more reading i found out that i cant send my excess power back to the grid so i dont now what are my options now...is there any inverter that can use bouth grid and solar but without option to send power to the grid...i found this one where is stated
1675003941410.png

There are grid tie AIO hybrids that claim "Zero export" to grid. This is accomplished by using CT's on incoming grid wires to measure amount of current flow/direction and reduce the AIO's output as home loads change to avoid back feeding to grid. But once again your utliity company may require an interconnect agreement and inspection to ensure that your components are certified by appropriate National certifications labs.

There are grid tie AIO hybrids that claim "Zero export" to grid. This is accomplished by using CT's on incoming grid wires to measure amount of current flow/direction and reduce the AIO's output as home loads change to avoid back feeding to grid. But once again your utliity company may require an interconnect agreement and inspection to ensure that your components are certified by appropriate National certifications labs.
and off grid inverters use solar while it have plenty of w but as soon as it cross over max of solar it automatically transfers to grid?

Off grid AIO with grid supplied to the "AC in" connection will run loads on the "AC out" connections based on availability of PV/battery plus the mode of operation selected in the settings of inverter. If there is not enough of one of these supplies than the ATS (Automatic transfer switch) portion of the unit will transfer to another source. There are a few off grid inverters that can run without batteries strictly off PV with grid adding a bit but not being in parallel with grid. They can be a bit problematic in operation.

Off grid AIO with grid supplied to the "AC in" connection will run loads on the "AC out" connections based on availability of PV/battery plus the mode of operation selected in the settings of inverter. If there is not enough of one of these supplies than the ATS (Automatic transfer switch) portion of the unit will transfer to another source. There are a few off grid inverters that can run without batteries strictly off PV with grid adding a bit but not being in parallel with grid. They can be a bit problematic in operation.
what would you recommend to me?i dont have battery's and will not have them in near future i want to use my panels

Sorry, I have no experience in using one of the types of AIO's that claim to work without battery. There are people on the Forum that do have such experience. You may need to create a new Thread asking about, "Can someone recommend a Off grid AIO's that operates without battery?"

diy solar

diy solar
Back