diy solar

diy solar

New Hybrid 10.2KW Inverter from Y&H

Hi! How's the inverter doing? Did you sort out the dongle? Also, may I ask if you know if you can parallel these units?
TIA

tom

Hi! How's the inverter doing? Did you sort out the dongle? Also, may I ask if you know if you can parallel these units?
TIA

tom
Mine worked after the unbounding thanks to @Yuren

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230212-052534_SmartESS.jpg
    Screenshot_20230212-052534_SmartESS.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 40
  • SmartSelect_20230212_052839_SmartESS.jpg
    SmartSelect_20230212_052839_SmartESS.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 41
Having used this inverter for a month I would not recommend it - unless LOW-cost is VERY important to you.
Issue 1
The switch-over from supplying power into the grid to reliance on your battery is messy.
It seems there is no way to do this except for manually disconnecting from the grid. I tried using a WiFi-timer-switch-meter which worked ... sort-of.
The power 'hiccup' resulting from disconnecting from the grid while exporting, sometimes caused 3 downstream (earth leakage) breakers to flip off.
At least grid-disconnection forces the inverter to use the battery, rather than drawing peak-rate power from Grid.
The only way to prevent breakers from flipping was to disconnect the PV panels before disconnecting the grid.
Reconnecting the PV without the grid connection is fine; I do this in the evening to make use of the sun at dusk.

Issue 2
In the morning the PV panels charge the batteries at about 4.5KW (Max). Towards mid-day I switch on the electric hot water booster. The PV immediately generates 7.5KW and lowers the battery charging rate to use the surplus power.

Issue 3
It seems the maximum power that can be exported is around 7KW despite being sold as a 10KW inverter.

Am faced with the same issue, when switching from battery power to grid. The changeover is erratic I will loose power for about 5mins.
I have a DIY lifepo4 eve cells, I set the low battery on my jk bms at 2.5v and on the inverter as 2.7v. Still the transfer is never smooth

Am faced with the same issue, when switching from battery power to grid. The changeover is erratic I will loose power for about 5mins.
I have a DIY lifepo4 eve cells, I set the low battery on my jk bms at 2.5v and on the inverter as 2.7v. Still the transfer is never smooth

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230223_102302_SmartESS.jpg
    Screenshot_20230223_102302_SmartESS.jpg
    124.8 KB · Views: 48
  • Screenshot_20230223_102311_SmartESS.jpg
    Screenshot_20230223_102311_SmartESS.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 42
  • Screenshot_20230223_102335_SmartESS.jpg
    Screenshot_20230223_102335_SmartESS.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 43
Take note of the timestamps. One is longer than 5mins (which is standard for this interval for data capture). At this time the inverter is on off.

Anyone with a solution for this. Could there be some voltage from one source to the other am missing?

How about using USB as the parameter for "Program 1" = Utility/Solar/Grid
You can turn off the connection to Utility using a switch and that will force the battery to take over when there is no sun.
If there is enough sun, then you will run the house and charge the battery.

My switch-overs are very quick normally when I disconnect the grid.

For Grid IN and OUT I used this one...
TOMZN 1P+N 65A Tuya WIFI Smart Bidirectional Energy Meter timer Power Consumption Monitor kWh Meter Wattmeter SMARTLIFE

Hi, i have two inverters old one 6,2kw from victor Sunbro company and new one 10,2kw from Anern company. I got lithium-ion Battery 14s 3,7volts. Vmin=2,8V and Vmax=4,8V. On the 6.2kw Victor for the lithium settings the Battery is charge fully to 58Volts, and worked good. I buy new one stronger Anern 10.2kw and hi charging only up to 52Volts lewel. Now im confused. I change Battery settings to USER and define voltages from 43 to 56Volt. And inverter still not charge higher than 52Volts. I write to aliexpress seller to fix that issiuses but his give me nothing. I thing firmware blocking batt charging upper than 52V.
Any helps? Best regards

Attachments

• new 10.2kw.jpg
    new 10.2kw.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:
Mine worked after the unbounding thanks to @Yuren
Can you please share how to configure the SmartESS setting? I follow the exact procedure from the user manual but it didn't work.

Attachments

• 20230407_155039.jpg
    20230407_155039.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 19
  • Screenshot_20230407_151154_SmartESS.jpg
    Screenshot_20230407_151154_SmartESS.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 17
  • Screenshot_20230407_155104_SmartESS.jpg
    Screenshot_20230407_155104_SmartESS.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 17
  • Screenshot_20230407_155147_SmartESS.jpg
    Screenshot_20230407_155147_SmartESS.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 17
  • Screenshot_20230407_155152_SmartESS.jpg
    Screenshot_20230407_155152_SmartESS.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 17
  • Screenshot_20230407_155158_SmartESS.jpg
    Screenshot_20230407_155158_SmartESS.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 17
Having used this inverter for a month I would not recommend it - unless LOW-cost is VERY important to you.
Issue 1
The switch-over from supplying power into the grid to reliance on your battery is messy.
It seems there is no way to do this except for manually disconnecting from the grid. I tried using a WiFi-timer-switch-meter which worked ... sort-of.
The power 'hiccup' resulting from disconnecting from the grid while exporting, sometimes caused 3 downstream (earth leakage) breakers to flip off.
At least grid-disconnection forces the inverter to use the battery, rather than drawing peak-rate power from Grid.
The only way to prevent breakers from flipping was to disconnect the PV panels before disconnecting the grid.
Reconnecting the PV without the grid connection is fine; I do this in the evening to make use of the sun at dusk.

Issue 2
In the morning the PV panels charge the batteries at about 4.5KW (Max). Towards mid-day I switch on the electric hot water booster. The PV immediately generates 7.5KW and lowers the battery charging rate to use the surplus power.

Issue 3
It seems the maximum power that can be exported is around 7KW despite being sold as a 10KW inverter.
am having a different problem on mine, connected 8 x 450w 49voc panels in series. with breaker off, voltage reads 367v on top of breaker, but drops down to 92v and 187v once the breaker is flipped on...and thus unable to charge batteries!. AC charges ok. any idea what could be going on?...anybody.

tried both mppts, same issue....so am thinking the issue is not from the inbuilt mppt cc, as the odds of both of them being bad is low

Do your search using the original name MPS/V MAX
seen, but they might not be, as nextpower sells is cheaper at 440 USD. am in talks with anern as well, and if theirs turns out cheaper...will give it to them to be the OEM.
i observed a flaw however, the dc cutoff voltage for the dual output is rather too low, 44v...makes no sense. i would prefer a more realistic cutoff voltage of 52 to 53v for the secondary output of the smart load inverter.

btw anybody come across any 10kw hybrid with dual mppt and dual ac output with smart load?

This inverter is not a real 10.2kw, I have it and PV input, battery output and ac output is maxxed at 8kw~. Unfortunate since it is marketed as a 10.2kw and says it everywhere. Tested the output and at 8kw+ it went overload and shutsdown after a few seconds like the manual says. Anyone know a real 10kw output hybrid inverter? I run everything on my system and I do mean everything

wow, thats sad, could you post a picture of the particular unit you have?
This inverter is not a real 10.2kw, I have it and PV input, battery output and ac output is maxxed at 8kw~. Unfortunate since it is marketed as a 10.2kw and says it everywhere. Tested the output and at 8kw+ it went overload and shutsdown after a few seconds like the manual says. Anyone know a real 10kw output hybrid inverter? I run everything on my system and I do mean everything

View attachment 163164

Also it only has 1 MPPT for 27amps max, it has 2 PV inputs but internally it connects each string parallel to the mppt
oh really, just 1 mppt?. the manual says 2. if truly its one mppt, then one may run into issues if you send diff strings/voltages to the different mppts. am presently having an issue on mine panel voltage before breaker reads 370v, but fluctuates between 90v and 202v once the breaker is turned on to send solar input to the inverter. tried both mppts. issue persists. 8 x 450w 49v voc panels. tried both mppts, and issue persists

the specs on yours is similar to what is mine. the also dropped the ball on the dc cutoff voltage on the dual input, range is only 40v to 46v--quite useless.

bought mine from powmr, though nextpower sells exactly the same unit. any clue who the original manufacturer is?

Attachments

• 10.2kw inverter.jpg
    10.2kw inverter.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 13
oh really, just 1 mppt?. the manual says 2. if truly its one mppt, then one may run into issues if you send diff strings/voltages to the different mppts. am presently having an issue on mine panel voltage before breaker reads 370v, but fluctuates between 90v and 202v once the breaker is turned on to send solar input to the inverter. tried both mppts. issue persists. 8 x 450w 49v voc panels. tried both mppts, and issue persists

the specs on yours is similar to what is mine. the also dropped the ball on the dc cutoff voltage on the dual input, range is only 40v to 46v--quite useless.

bought mine from powmr, though nextpower sells exactly the same unit. any clue who the original manufacturer is?
Yea, I noticed it was 1 MPPT at 27amps when the guys first install my system assuming it was 2 MPPTs and my max of 9kw was only going to a max of 4.5k-4.8k, When I told them it was 1 MPPT at 27amps they reconfigured the connections to go 400~v-21amps and now it kinda works, my peak was like 8.1-8.2kw but regular generation on a sunny day is in the 7kws, kinda unfortunate but better than 4.5-4.8kw. This looks like a typical chinese clone and is made by soooo many people (or reselled), I think first few pages said the manufacturer but im not sure who it is, I have been buying chinese imported stuff for 15+ years now and I can never trust the manuals, many typos and missed information most of the time lol but hey I know the language barrier is pretty big. I'm thinking of going the Megarevo route cause a 10kw one is around 2500USD shipped to Puerto Rico and its approved by my energy company to be net metered, sucks that its 2500+maybe 1k extra to do the net metering preparations, I aint rich LOL

diy solar

diy solar
Back