diy solar

diy solar

New Hybrid 10.2KW Inverter from Y&H

Having used this inverter for a month I would not recommend it - unless LOW-cost is VERY important to you.
Issue 1
The switch-over from supplying power into the grid to reliance on your battery is messy.
It seems there is no way to do this except for manually disconnecting from the grid. I tried using a WiFi-timer-switch-meter which worked ... sort-of.
The power 'hiccup' resulting from disconnecting from the grid while exporting, sometimes caused 3 downstream (earth leakage) breakers to flip off.
At least grid-disconnection forces the inverter to use the battery, rather than drawing peak-rate power from Grid.
The only way to prevent breakers from flipping was to disconnect the PV panels before disconnecting the grid.
Reconnecting the PV without the grid connection is fine; I do this in the evening to make use of the sun at dusk.

Issue 2
In the morning the PV panels charge the batteries at about 4.5KW (Max). Towards mid-day I switch on the electric hot water booster. The PV immediately generates 7.5KW and lowers the battery charging rate to use the surplus power.

Issue 3
It seems the maximum power that can be exported is around 7KW despite being sold as a 10KW inverter.
am having a different problem on mine, connected 8 x 450w 49voc panels in series. with breaker off, voltage reads 367v on top of breaker, but drops down to 92v and 187v once the breaker is flipped on...and thus unable to charge batteries!. AC charges ok. any idea what could be going on?...anybody.

tried both mppts, same issue....so am thinking the issue is not from the inbuilt mppt cc, as the odds of both of them being bad is low

Do your search using the original name MPS/V MAX
seen, but they might not be, as nextpower sells is cheaper at 440 USD. am in talks with anern as well, and if theirs turns out cheaper...will give it to them to be the OEM.
i observed a flaw however, the dc cutoff voltage for the dual output is rather too low, 44v...makes no sense. i would prefer a more realistic cutoff voltage of 52 to 53v for the secondary output of the smart load inverter.

btw anybody come across any 10kw hybrid with dual mppt and dual ac output with smart load?

This inverter is not a real 10.2kw, I have it and PV input, battery output and ac output is maxxed at 8kw~. Unfortunate since it is marketed as a 10.2kw and says it everywhere. Tested the output and at 8kw+ it went overload and shutsdown after a few seconds like the manual says. Anyone know a real 10kw output hybrid inverter? I run everything on my system and I do mean everything

wow, thats sad, could you post a picture of the particular unit you have?
This inverter is not a real 10.2kw, I have it and PV input, battery output and ac output is maxxed at 8kw~. Unfortunate since it is marketed as a 10.2kw and says it everywhere. Tested the output and at 8kw+ it went overload and shutsdown after a few seconds like the manual says. Anyone know a real 10kw output hybrid inverter? I run everything on my system and I do mean everything

View attachment 163164

Also it only has 1 MPPT for 27amps max, it has 2 PV inputs but internally it connects each string parallel to the mppt
oh really, just 1 mppt?. the manual says 2. if truly its one mppt, then one may run into issues if you send diff strings/voltages to the different mppts. am presently having an issue on mine panel voltage before breaker reads 370v, but fluctuates between 90v and 202v once the breaker is turned on to send solar input to the inverter. tried both mppts. issue persists. 8 x 450w 49v voc panels. tried both mppts, and issue persists

the specs on yours is similar to what is mine. the also dropped the ball on the dc cutoff voltage on the dual input, range is only 40v to 46v--quite useless.

bought mine from powmr, though nextpower sells exactly the same unit. any clue who the original manufacturer is?

Attachments

• 10.2kw inverter.jpg
    10.2kw inverter.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 10
oh really, just 1 mppt?. the manual says 2. if truly its one mppt, then one may run into issues if you send diff strings/voltages to the different mppts. am presently having an issue on mine panel voltage before breaker reads 370v, but fluctuates between 90v and 202v once the breaker is turned on to send solar input to the inverter. tried both mppts. issue persists. 8 x 450w 49v voc panels. tried both mppts, and issue persists

the specs on yours is similar to what is mine. the also dropped the ball on the dc cutoff voltage on the dual input, range is only 40v to 46v--quite useless.

bought mine from powmr, though nextpower sells exactly the same unit. any clue who the original manufacturer is?
Yea, I noticed it was 1 MPPT at 27amps when the guys first install my system assuming it was 2 MPPTs and my max of 9kw was only going to a max of 4.5k-4.8k, When I told them it was 1 MPPT at 27amps they reconfigured the connections to go 400~v-21amps and now it kinda works, my peak was like 8.1-8.2kw but regular generation on a sunny day is in the 7kws, kinda unfortunate but better than 4.5-4.8kw. This looks like a typical chinese clone and is made by soooo many people (or reselled), I think first few pages said the manufacturer but im not sure who it is, I have been buying chinese imported stuff for 15+ years now and I can never trust the manuals, many typos and missed information most of the time lol but hey I know the language barrier is pretty big. I'm thinking of going the Megarevo route cause a 10kw one is around 2500USD shipped to Puerto Rico and its approved by my energy company to be net metered, sucks that its 2500+maybe 1k extra to do the net metering preparations, I aint rich LOL

I have given up on my Y&H 10KW inverter - junked! The MPPT section is dead. I've just got Anern Max-10200 which has similar specs. but seems better so far. On AliExpress - look up "Hybrid Solar Inverter 10200W On-Grid/Off-Grid MPPT 48VDC to 230VAC Can Work No Battery Built-in 160A Solar Charger". The WiFi-datalogger / SmartESS system is now working (I had used the seemingly identical one from the Y&H by mistake :( )
I have been looking for a setup that will let me dump power from the battery into the grid. Neither the Y&H nor the Anern inverters let you do this despite using the word Hybrid in their manuals and adverts.
BTW... Have Australian members spotted Amber.com.au for grid-in and grid-out prices? Typically their Grid-In (to you) price per KWh drops below 20c twice a day which lets you fill storages when solar is limited. So far it has been a good option for me.

Last edited:
I have given up on my Y&H 10KW inverter - junked! The MPPT section is dead.

Would you mind providing a link to the 10kW Y&H inverter you have or at least the precise model number and/or manual?

How long did you have it before the MPPT died on you?

Was it a split-phase in inverter?
I've just got Anern Max-10200 which has similar specs. but seems better so far. On AliExpress - look up "Hybrid Solar Inverter 10200W On-Grid/Off-Grid MPPT 48VDC to 230VAC Can Work No Battery Built-in 160A Solar Charger". So far, I can't get the WiFi-datalogger / SmartESS system to work, which is a pain.
I have been looking for a setup that will let me dump power from the battery into the grid. Neither the Y&H nor the Anern inverters let you do this despite using the word Hybrid in their manuals and adverts.
BTW... Have Australian members spotted Amber.com.au for grid-in and grid-out prices? Typically their Grid-In (to you) price per KWh drops below 20c twice a day which lets you fill storages when solar is limited. So far it has been a good option for me.

Would you mind providing a link to the 10kW Y&H inverter you have or at least the precise model number and/or manual?

How long did you have it before the MPPT died on you?

Was it a split-phase in inverter?
you can find it on amazon (at least on the US) and its not a split-phase. Its just a regular 220/230/240v output so you would need 2 6000w transformers.
I have given up on my Y&H 10KW inverter - junked! The MPPT section is dead. I've just got Anern Max-10200 which has similar specs. but seems better so far. On AliExpress - look up "Hybrid Solar Inverter 10200W On-Grid/Off-Grid MPPT 48VDC to 230VAC Can Work No Battery Built-in 160A Solar Charger". The WiFi-datalogger / SmartESS system is now working (I had used the seemingly identical one from the Y&H by mistake :( )
That stinks, Im saving up to go the megarevo route and go net metering with my utility company so that way I just use my batteries for backup purposes instead of every single day.

you can find it on amazon (at least on the US) and its not a split-phase. Its just a regular 220/230/240v output so you would need 2 6000w transformers.

That stinks, Im saving up to go the megarevo route and go net metering with my utility company so that way I just use my batteries for backup purposes instead of every single day.
There's another version now on Amazon that's split-phase 240V

hi is my parameter from LiFePO4 Battery lithium

discharge cut-off voltage 42
over discharge recovery 45
normal charging voltage 58.4
surge charging voltage 60
overvoltage protection 58.4
overvoltage recovery 56

know parameters corresponds to that it numbers for victor hybrid solar inverter 10.2kw
please help me
thanks

I see so much conflicting advice, it is hard to know what is correct. :)
I can tell you what I have done for my replacement inverter. (Anen 10.2KW Max)
Setting Number| My setting | Comment
05 USE means User defined...
Ignore Lead-acid settings (30-36),
and use LIFEPO4 settings (26, 27 & 29)
26 CV = 56.4 means change charging voltage from setting 26 to setting 27
27 FLV = 55.3 actually gives 55.18v at the battery (cable losses)
29 COV= 48.3 I would pick 50.0v but it is not available.

I found that using setting 27 set to 54v caused very slow charging to a full state of charge.
Is this any help? (It is hard to explain without knowing how much you understand already)

I do not see the settings in my Y&H manual marked below with xxxxx
discharge cut-off voltage 42
over discharge recovery 45 xxxxx
normal charging voltage 58.4
surge charging voltage 60 xxxxx
overvoltage protection 58.4 xxxxx
overvoltage recovery 56 xxxxx

am having a different problem on mine, connected 8 x 450w 49voc panels in series. with breaker off, voltage reads 367v on top of breaker, but drops down to 92v and 187v once the breaker is flipped on...and thus unable to charge batteries!. AC charges ok. any idea what could be going on?...anybody.

tried both mppts, same issue....so am thinking the issue is not from the inbuilt mppt cc, as the odds of both of them being bad is low
hi just read your problem ? i have just set up a new anern sc102 pro work;t fine for three days off grid run telly boiled kettle (travel) even cook;t dinner in slow cooker yesterday the same problem as you panels producing 325 volts at top of breaker but drops down to 90 ish volt once breaker is flipped on only just charging batteries ?

hi just read your problem ? i have just set up a new anern sc102 pro work;t fine for three days off grid run telly boiled kettle (travel) even cook;t dinner in slow cooker yesterday the same problem as you panels producing 325 volts at top of breaker but drops down to 90 ish volt once breaker is flipped on only just charging batteries ?
wow, similar issue as mine...is it still under waranty?. what are they saying?

Back