diy solar

diy solar

Y and H 8.2 hybrid inverter help

If the sun is still up, there may be sufficient solar power to offset loads…

Best to check again just after sunset.
Also, do you know how to read your utility meter to see if you are importing / consuming or exporting power?

Ok so all set to sbu and now I only get around 248w from panels. From a 3.kw setup. Very strange must be a setting somewhere

Ok so all set to sbu and now I only get around 248w from panels. From a 3.kw setup. Very strange must be a setting somewhere
Around midday on a clear cloud free day?

Looking at kWh for the full day is a better way to judge solar performance rather than instantaneous power output.

the lower part is on sbu the higher is on sub. lots more generated from panels and the smart meter stopped working shoing energy going back intio the grid. second photo is yesterday on sub

Attachments

• IMG_1033.png
    IMG_1033.png
    380.4 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_1034.png
    IMG_1034.png
    403.3 KB · Views: 3
the lower part is on sbu the higher is on sub. lots more generated from panels and the smart meter stopped working shoing energy going back intio the grid. second photo is yesterday on sub
Yes, so because of the default voltage settings, the battery is charging all morning and no energy goes to grid until ~midday when the battery is charged full enough to hit the voltage threshold and the inverter switches back to SBU.

I’m pretty sure this graph is showing net import / export not including power going to recharging the battery…

Yes, so because of the default voltage settings, the battery is charging all morning and no energy goes to grid until ~midday when the battery is charged full enough to hit the voltage threshold and the inverter switches back to SBU.

I’m pretty sure this graph is showing net import / export not including power going to recharging the battery…
So confusing but i think im getting it. The app shows full battery so why would it charge

So confusing but i think im getting it. The app shows full battery so why would it charge
Once the battery is full it should not charge, but I suspect that if you check tomorrow morning at 7 or 8 am you will see that the battery is not fully-charged…

hi is my parameter from LiFePO4 Battery lithium
discharge cut-off voltage 42
over discharge recovery 45
normal charging voltage 58.4
surge charging voltage 60
overvoltage protection 58.4
overvoltage recovery 56

know parameters corresponds to that it numbers for victor hybrid solar inverter
please help me
thanks

Hi

Sorry to jump in on this thread, but I have been looking at these inverters and wondered if anyone could answer a few questions.

These inverters are tied to the grid but when you say get a power cut does it automatically transfer to batteries and does it island the inverter from the grid so no power can go back up through the incoming power lines?

Also can you fit these to the grid in the UK?

Many thanks

Back