diy solar

diy solar

New Hybrid 10.2KW Inverter from Y&H

They used an app for Smartess on iphone or Smart Client on android. for web interface I don't know yet. But i will check it for you after CNY.
I know the company which made these inverters for all other brands (POWMR,EASUN,SUNRAY,ANERN and many many more).
How about you make a new free acc? and try with that account. Note.When you are setting up the wifi password on the dongle, make sure you turn off all the auto join feature for all the known wifi networks near you (like your home wifi).
have just installed a new hybrid 10.2KW Inverter from Y&H (Ali-Express)
It's only downside, so far, is the fan (3) noise! They do warn you 'not near your bedroom' so I knew a distant location from the house was called for.
It seems to be limited to grid exports of ~7KW (rather than the expected 10KW) This is not too important for me and may be a software limitation (bug?).
I have been using Growatt SPF5000ES and it's cloud / WiFi system at "https://server.growatt.com".
The new Y&H inverter uses a different WiFi Dongle and an app called "Smart Client for Solar".
The WiFi Dongle is labeled WiFi Plug Pro-05-7.
I have messed up the registration process so the app will not accept my UN/PW and 'Forgotten PW' rejects my attempts.
Is anyone aware of the server used by "Smart Client for Solar"? and whether there is a web interface like the one at "server.growatt.com"?

Extra info 12-Jan-2023

Here is a picture of the Y&H 10.2KW
I have not completed the tidy-up of wires yet - so be tolerant!
The big blue illuminated 'logo' at the top turns red blue or purple depending on what is going on.
Solar is purple, red is battery and blue means grid tied
Here is a link that works for me with lots of info and pics.
The link may not work for you - let me know.
I hope it is safe to publish such links! Anyone know?

View attachment 129179

H

How about you make a new free acc? and try with that account.
I tried that too :) but when I try to re register the WiFi dongle, their server says "the logger has been used by user s******c." - which is the username I used (with the un-fixable PW) :(

I tried that too :) but when I try to re register the WiFi dongle, their server says "the logger has been used by user s******c." - which is the username I used (with the un-fixable PW) :(
Ok send me the qr photo of the wifi module. I will tell me my guy to unbind that module with that account.
check if your module is connected to server successfully. all the four indicators should light up.

Ok send me the qr photo of the wifi module. I will tell me my guy to unbind that module with that account.
check if your module is connected to server successfully. all the four indicators should light up.
you can also ask Y&H for unbinding. they will take some time. All of china is on holiday for Chinese new year.

Hi! How's the inverter doing? Did you sort out the dongle? Also, may I ask if you know if you can parallel these units?
TIA

tom

Hi! How's the inverter doing? Did you sort out the dongle? Also, may I ask if you know if you can parallel these units?
TIA

tom
Mine worked after the unbounding thanks to @Yuren

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230212-052534_SmartESS.jpg
    Screenshot_20230212-052534_SmartESS.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 35
  • SmartSelect_20230212_052839_SmartESS.jpg
    SmartSelect_20230212_052839_SmartESS.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 36
Having used this inverter for a month I would not recommend it - unless LOW-cost is VERY important to you.
Issue 1
The switch-over from supplying power into the grid to reliance on your battery is messy.
It seems there is no way to do this except for manually disconnecting from the grid. I tried using a WiFi-timer-switch-meter which worked ... sort-of.
The power 'hiccup' resulting from disconnecting from the grid while exporting, sometimes caused 3 downstream (earth leakage) breakers to flip off.
At least grid-disconnection forces the inverter to use the battery, rather than drawing peak-rate power from Grid.
The only way to prevent breakers from flipping was to disconnect the PV panels before disconnecting the grid.
Reconnecting the PV without the grid connection is fine; I do this in the evening to make use of the sun at dusk.

Issue 2
In the morning the PV panels charge the batteries at about 4.5KW (Max). Towards mid-day I switch on the electric hot water booster. The PV immediately generates 7.5KW and lowers the battery charging rate to use the surplus power.

Issue 3
It seems the maximum power that can be exported is around 7KW despite being sold as a 10KW inverter.

Am faced with the same issue, when switching from battery power to grid. The changeover is erratic I will loose power for about 5mins.
I have a DIY lifepo4 eve cells, I set the low battery on my jk bms at 2.5v and on the inverter as 2.7v. Still the transfer is never smooth

Am faced with the same issue, when switching from battery power to grid. The changeover is erratic I will loose power for about 5mins.
I have a DIY lifepo4 eve cells, I set the low battery on my jk bms at 2.5v and on the inverter as 2.7v. Still the transfer is never smooth

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230223_102302_SmartESS.jpg
    Screenshot_20230223_102302_SmartESS.jpg
    124.8 KB · Views: 43
  • Screenshot_20230223_102311_SmartESS.jpg
    Screenshot_20230223_102311_SmartESS.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 37
  • Screenshot_20230223_102335_SmartESS.jpg
    Screenshot_20230223_102335_SmartESS.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 38
Take note of the timestamps. One is longer than 5mins (which is standard for this interval for data capture). At this time the inverter is on off.

Anyone with a solution for this. Could there be some voltage from one source to the other am missing?

How about using USB as the parameter for "Program 1" = Utility/Solar/Grid
You can turn off the connection to Utility using a switch and that will force the battery to take over when there is no sun.
If there is enough sun, then you will run the house and charge the battery.

My switch-overs are very quick normally when I disconnect the grid.

For Grid IN and OUT I used this one...
TOMZN 1P+N 65A Tuya WIFI Smart Bidirectional Energy Meter timer Power Consumption Monitor kWh Meter Wattmeter SMARTLIFE

Hi, i have two inverters old one 6,2kw from victor Sunbro company and new one 10,2kw from Anern company. I got lithium-ion Battery 14s 3,7volts. Vmin=2,8V and Vmax=4,8V. On the 6.2kw Victor for the lithium settings the Battery is charge fully to 58Volts, and worked good. I buy new one stronger Anern 10.2kw and hi charging only up to 52Volts lewel. Now im confused. I change Battery settings to USER and define voltages from 43 to 56Volt. And inverter still not charge higher than 52Volts. I write to aliexpress seller to fix that issiuses but his give me nothing. I thing firmware blocking batt charging upper than 52V.
Any helps? Best regards

Attachments

• new 10.2kw.jpg
    new 10.2kw.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
Mine worked after the unbounding thanks to @Yuren
Can you please share how to configure the SmartESS setting? I follow the exact procedure from the user manual but it didn't work.

Attachments

• 20230407_155039.jpg
    20230407_155039.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 16
  • Screenshot_20230407_151154_SmartESS.jpg
    Screenshot_20230407_151154_SmartESS.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 15
  • Screenshot_20230407_155104_SmartESS.jpg
    Screenshot_20230407_155104_SmartESS.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 15
  • Screenshot_20230407_155147_SmartESS.jpg
    Screenshot_20230407_155147_SmartESS.jpg