diy solar

diy solar

Hybrid Solar Inverter

briach01

I'm putting together an on grid whole home solar system and looking for a good reliable hybrid solar inverter all in one. For the price the Sun Gold Power: Blue Power 12000W 48V HYBRID SOLAR INVERTER SPLIT PHASE 120/240VAC (GRID FEEDBACK & 2 UNITS PARALLEL) seems to check all the boxes.

I emailed Sun Gold Power asking them about the idle consumption and bms support but they never responded so that's a bit disconcerting.

I really like the Victron ecosystem and Sol ark but they're so expensive that I could buy an extra inverter as a backup for the same price.

Anyone have a better idea? Am I shooting myself in the foot by going cheap?

Thanks, in advance!

Anyone have a better idea? Am I shooting myself in the foot by going cheap?
Will this be a permitted system? If so, you will need UL listed equipment. If in california, the hoops are higher and smaller.

Your other questions are good ones to consider too.

I'm putting together an on grid whole home solar system and looking for a good reliable hybrid solar inverter all in one. For the price the Sun Gold Power: Blue Power 12000W 48V HYBRID SOLAR INVERTER SPLIT PHASE 120/240VAC (GRID FEEDBACK & 2 UNITS PARALLEL) seems to check all the boxes.
Where are you located? In most cases any type of Grid Sell or Grid Interactivity requires an application process with the utility provider and Permission to Operate. Make sure the Inverter you choose has the required UL or IEC compliance certifications.

Where are you located? In most cases any type of Grid Sell or Grid Interactivity requires an application process with the utility provider and Permission to Operate. Make sure the Inverter you choose has the required UL or IEC compliance certifications.
I'm in the US now but I'm moving to Panama so this system will be built there. I do know they allow for grid tie systems and I doubt they have any kind of UL or IEC compliance.

I have been in communication with Sungold Power for the past few weeks, discussing different inverter lines, and they have been extremely responsive, usually getting back to me same day or next at the latest. How long have you been waiting for a response?

I know quite a few of their off-grid inverters are UL1741 listed, but I don't see any of their on-grid units UL listed yet. Perhaps they are working on it?

Good to know. I used their online form weeks ago. I think I'll try again via email.

Back