diy solar

diy solar

HYD-EP Sofar inverter with Seplos bms

irishchris

Contemplating purchasing a sofar hyd-ep 6000 inverter to replace my solis. Have a 20kw battery connected through seplos BMS and worked away perfectly. Just wondering if anyone has the hyd-ep sofar connected successfully to seplos BMS through CAN?

• Perfectly communicates with Sofar Solar HYD
Thanks, purchased one two weeks ago and yes works perfectly with my seplos without any issues. Massive upgrade on my previous Solis 5G 6kw inverter. Very impressed with this inverter

Can you say why you wanted to replace your Solis inverter please? And what model was it?

I have a Solis RAI-3K-48E-5G linked to a battery, and I am not happy with it, because of its high power consumption. It uses (and doesn't give back) 1.68kWh per day (equivalent to a constant load of 70W).

Thanks

Various issues with Seplos and Solis. For example when battery would reach 100% the Solis would shutdown and stop production.

Way lower than the 100A charging they advertise also

I have a battery with Seplos BMS and it works well on my HID-5000-ES inverter

Last edited:
Connected up my Seplos-based battery to HYD 6000-EP inverter for the first time just last night. Battery is charging and discharging successfully, but am having problems getting the CAN communication working on it.

I connected an ethernet cable into the CANBUS port on the BMS, then connected wires as follows, based upon the Seplos and Sofar manuals:

Seplos CAN-H (PIN 5 - white/blue) into Sofar COM port CAN-H (PIN 1)
Seplos CAN-L (PIN 4 - blue) into Sofar COM port CAN-L (PIN 2)
Seplos ground (PINS 3 and 6 - orange + white/orange) into Sofar COM port GND-S (PIN 7)

However, when I plug it in, the alarm light on the inverter comes on for a second or so, and there is a BMSCommFault event in the log history. I have tried selecting both the PYLON and DEFAULT battery types, but the system reverts to GENERAL after the fault event.

I also tried not having the ground PINs connected but no change.

Anybody able to suggest what I've done wrong? Thanks!

Last edited:

diy solar

diy solar
Back