diy solar

diy solar

I bought the new EG4 6500ex but hate the wifi app. watchpower

Ductgsxr

I just hooked the EG4 6500ex up 2 days ago. I was excited to see the wifi app, thinking it would have a much better data logger app than the Growatt Shinephone app. but unless I am seriously doing something wrong, it appears that watchpower only does current or one-day logging. I really like the ShinePhone app. Are there any other apps that work with the 6500? Or is there a way to use Shine phone app with EG4?

Thanks, it appears that is the only solution. I am blown away that all these $1000 plus solar chargers and non of them but Growatt have a decent logger.

This morning.. after Watchpower has been working.. today I only get partial information. The little "map" of current flow doesn't show the path and values of power usage. I think the values in the list are not acurate either. It's hard to tell as the refresh is so slow. I did a reset.. ie turned it all down.. then back up and it worked for a short time and now.. no workie again. Guess I'll call Sig Solar on Monday. Somethings up.

I think MultiSIBControl may work with your inverter (which I think is a rebranded Voltronic inverter)- www.multisibcontrol.net.

You can also go back and see previous days' readings in the WatchPower App - I can't remember off hand and I haven't used it for a while, but you can definitely do it. I'll try to have a look at it again and explain how to do it.

Resurrecting this thread because I am about to setup my eg4 6000ex and I’m trying to find a monitoring app for iPhone/Mac to be able to keep tabs on my system.
The eg4 monitor app for my 18kpv system in the main house is awesome but dessmonitor is what EG4 suggests but it is only for pc laptop from what I can gather.
Anyone have any insight?

Resurrecting this thread because I am about to setup my eg4 6000ex and I’m trying to find a monitoring app for iPhone/Mac to be able to keep tabs on my system.
The eg4 monitor app for my 18kpv system in the main house is awesome but dessmonitor is what EG4 suggests but it is only for pc laptop from what I can gather.
Anyone have any insight?
I'm running SolarAssistant just to get stats. I'm not connecting it to the batteries so I'm limited on the information provided by the EG4 6000ex inverter. More than adequate for my current needs. Loaded it on a Pi 3 I already had.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-10-03 at 14-11-19 SolarAssistant.png
    Screenshot 2023-10-03 at 14-11-19 SolarAssistant.png
    193.2 KB · Views: 12
Back