diy solar

diy solar

I found a battery on ebay, free shipping, 100Ah $299... im going to do a load test on it... should i post a video here?

I would think 0.2C to 0.5C draw down should reflect the stated capacity. 64 Amp would only be slightly high.

Pulling around 64A out at the moment... am I draining too quickly for an accurate test? Most capacity tests I see drain at around 20A... im three times that and climbing...
I will let it complete and see where it stops.
I'm thinking it will stop early due to ampdraw pulling too fast dropping the volts below the bms or inverter low voltage disconnect of 10V...
10V is almost total discharge, and might be pretty bad for the battery. Unless I wanted to test that BMS Low Voltage shut-off is recoverable, I'd be inclined to shut down the loads at 11.5V (a bit less than 7% SOC remaining unused), let it stabilize and re-check the Voltage again - and then extrapolate from one of our SOC versus Voltage graphs.

I would think 0.2C to 0.5C draw down should reflect the stated capacity. 64 Amp would only be slightly high.
With 100Ah nominal capacity, 64 Amps is a pretty high draw (.64C, obviously). I'd remove one of the floodlights, if you've got it working into an area of lower Voltage and SOC, higher current.

Well, I am at 75Ah, and still above 11.82V 41%SOC according to the app.
I think that your App might be doing some kind of straight-line estimate, or making some "adjustment" for high current and an assumption about internal resistance. I understand LFP "12v" batteries to be at roughly 8% left at that Voltage - but that's a steady state reading (no longer under deep discharge). You almost certainly know more about this than I do -- do YOU believe the App estimate?

With 100Ah nominal capacity, 64 Amps is a pretty high draw (.64C, obviously). I'd remove one of the floodlights, if you've got it working into an area of lower Voltage and SOC, higher current.
I rigged the lights up so I could cut one out as amps rose. I'm killing one now.

I dropped out one bulb, and ampdraw dropped to 50.81A letting it drain down to get a full cycle capacity test.

100% feedback,!!!.. I don't see any Red Flags. Looks good so far
EBay has a policy that the seller can remove any negative feedback if the seller offers the buyer full remediation for any faulty product.
A shonky seller can keep his 100% positive rating by quickly refunding those that complain.

Not saying this is so in this particular case!

EBay has a policy that the seller can remove any negative feedback if the seller offers the buyer full remediation for any faulty product.
A shonky seller can keep his 100% positive rating by quickly refunding those that complain.

Not saying this is so in this particular case!
So far, I am impressed with the battery, well packaged, easily opened up to repair or inspect, well sealed, solid case, bms settings designed to limit to 98% full cells, likely has a high LVD as well, probably 10.5V
I'm at 95.3Ah and above 11.5V

With lights off, inverter started back up, battery voltage rose to 12.21V, and I am drawing 41W i plugged in my USB charger, and am pulling 46W, 3.81A I'm over 100Ah
100.5 so far.

I plugged in a pair of Milwaukee chargers, and am charging my daily drills, 89W
101.1Ah 12.13V

Back