diy solar

diy solar

I just took a ride in 2022 Tesla

MurphyGuy

It just needs a bigger hammer
I know the following:
1) It was a 2022 Tesla and the guy I was doing business with offered me a ride (not a drive)
2) It was $70k
3) It rode very smooth down my dirt road, smoother than my wife's Toyota RAV4
4) When we got onto pavement and hit the straight, we went from 40 to 80 mph a lot faster than I expected. That car pushed me back in my seat with the equivalent force of a modern roller coaster ride.
5) The car is really strange. There is no dashboard, just a (12 inch?) flat panel touch screen between the seats.
6) It was a hatchback and the amount of room in the back behind the front seats was really impressive.
7) It was fast.. did I say that already? It's worth saying twice.
8) He didn't have the self-drive feature because its an extra $12k, but he did have something called "lane keeper(?)". Going down the road and around turns, he was able to take his hands off the wheel and the car stayed right between the lines.
9) The car reads speed limit signs.
10) The car watches you, watches your eyes, and if you take your attention away from the road for too long, the car gets upset and lets you know it.

Interesting experience. A lot of stuff to go wrong in that vehicle, but then that's true with most cars today.

Interesting experience. A lot of stuff to go wrong in that vehicle, but then that's true with most cars today.
I'd still like to have one, but that's been my complaint with Tesla.. Considering electric engines are so much simpler than gas engines, that shouldn't be the case. I wish someone would do an electric car built to last, with redundancy and fixability in mind, with mechanically unlockable/openable doors, simple electronics, etc - or one that could at least function well if the extra stuff fails.

Back