diy solar

diy solar

i need battery help

justison

1612024878590.png1612024921074.png
i have 8 RICH SOLAR 100 Watt 12 Volt Polycrystalline Solar Panel and a Epever MPPT Solar Charge Controller 12V/24V Solar Regulator 150V 40amp iv been building my system to be power independent in my rv and run my dorm fridge and pc and charge a few other smaller devices 1 part at a time as my budget can afford (100$-200$ a month) atm using 2 mismatched deep cycle battery's i had laying around already but im gonna need something better for the long-term iv been watching alot of DIY Solar Power with Will Prowse videos and like the ideal of a battery pack i can add cells to over time to increase compacity was hoping some one can point me in the right direction on what type is the most idiot proof and no maintenance I'm planning on being 24v

To my knowledge, there is no battery pack that you can add cells to over time. You can add batteries comprised of cells, but adding a cell or two at a time isn't an option.

"idiot proof"
"no maintenance"

Based on the above, you need to guy AGM batteries.

DIY your own LFP battery isn't idiot proof, and while there's not much maintenance, you need to pay attention.

At $100-200/month, you could easily buy 1 battery per month and add them in as needed.

800W is a decent amount, but that may depend HEAVILY on your "PC". A heavily utilized "gaming" PC can have incredibly high power usage, so you may already be behind the curve. Knowing your actual energy usage is the key to success in system design.

Use link #5 in my signature to determine your available solar hours for your location, panel orientation and tilt.
Use link #1 to conduct an energy audit.

The above two exercises will allow you to design an effective system and then you can figure out how to piecemeal it together.

diy solar

diy solar
Back